My first part

The Gallery is for posting photographs and images of work machined using Cut2D
varsa

Re: My first part

Post by varsa »

Hello metalworkz

This the front plate for the Z-axsis. ( I maked yesterday the back plate also)
When ready the Z-axis I make a picture...

Yes. The 1 Flute does produce long and "big" chips, but no problem...
The problem for cutting speed the spindle rpm... need high rpm.
Example: Spindel 18.000rm = this only 300 rotation/sec...
When use 1 flute tools and speed 30mm/sec ... 0.1mm chip/rotate.
But the 1 flute tools very good out flying the chips! (when deep the cutting)

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Post by metalworkz »

Hi Varsa,

Thanks for the reply about the single flute tool used on aluminum and the Z axis. I will have to try it on one of my next aluminum parts to see for myself how well it works.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

RonH
Vectric Apprentice

Post by RonH »

Just thought you all might be interested in a little addition to my router table. Helps me see the tool better when setting it to the material. Consist of three LED's mounted behind the tool. I am taking power from the 24 volt power supply. Works good and makes it much easier to set the whole thing up for a cut. Ron BB
Attachments
cnc95.jpg
cnc96.jpg

glenn
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: home brew 40x20

Post by glenn »

RonH, Hi ,
Good idea with the lights, man, I'm starting to need lights for everything!
Nice machine too!

Thanks for sharing.
Glenn

RonH
Vectric Apprentice

Post by RonH »

Don't know how many watch this but this is my newest wing. It has a 50 inch wingspan and a 10 inch cord. Will be used on a park flyer called Slow Stick to carry a camera. Also been turning out camera mounts for camera ships both copters and planes. If you want to see my work you can take a look on our page. www.averticalview.com and look at some of the stuff we do on a cnc router using Cut2D. ..Ron Broke Balsa
Attachments
cywing.jpg

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard

Post by metalworkz »

Hi Ron,
Great looking wing! It looks like there is a lot of work that goes into the construction of a single wing? I checked out your web site also, and I'm glad to see things are working out for you! Keep us posted on the progress of the wing and Slow Stick.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:

RonH
Vectric Apprentice

Post by RonH »

Well the wing is done and had its first flight this morning. It was a complete hoot. Flew like it was ment to only requireing a couple of clicks down elavator. I was by my self so couldn't get any pictures in the air. All in all after five flights very happy with it.

RonH
Vectric Apprentice

Post by RonH »

RonH wrote:Well the wing is done and had its first flight this morning. It was a complete hoot. Flew like it was ment to only requireing a couple of clicks down elavator. I was by my self so couldn't get any pictures in the air. All in all after five flights very happy with it.
Attachments
stick02.jpg

glenn
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: home brew 40x20

Post by glenn »

Nice Plane!
Is that an electric motor I see?
Do you prefer electric over gas? How long is the flight time?
Is electric smoother for videoing?
Thanks,

Glenn

RonH
Vectric Apprentice

Post by RonH »

glenn wrote:Nice Plane!
Is that an electric motor I see?
Do you prefer electric over gas? How long is the flight time?
Is electric smoother for videoing?
Thanks,

Glenn
Hi Glenn: Yep its an electric motor. It will send that stick vertical for a long way. I love gas engines. I have been flying model planes since the 50's but electric is just another facet of the hobby. Its nice to put your plane on the runway and hit the switch and fly. This plane only requires about 1/2 of the avalible power. It will fly for in excess of 20 min. I say that because thats as long as I have flown it at one time. It only took halve a charge to replenish the battery after that. If I was to guess I would say if you were really pushing it it would fly for at least 15 min. maybe 20. If you have three batteries you can almost fly until your arms fall off. You can charge one battery while your flying another and so on. Electric is smoother. You can throttle back or just shut it off and glide if you want to while taking pictures. Then throttle back up and your on your way. I have a camera mount for this plane with a tilt feature. Works pretty good. Its just a fun relaxing little plane to fly. No stress in a stick, just relaxation. I scatch built this wing so I could do a little more with it. There are a couple of companies that build after market wings for the stick. Both are great wings. I have alirons on both the stock wing and this one. Many will try and tell you alirons won't work on the stock stick wing but I am here to tell you if you cut out the marked alirons stamped on the wing and install sub min. servo's it will work just fine. Its not arobatic but one heck of an aliron trainer. The stock wing can carry a small camera too. Hope this answered some of you questions. Thanks for the interest in my stick..Ron Broken Balsa

RonH
Vectric Apprentice

Post by RonH »

This camea mount was build as a custom job for a fellow. I have never seen his copter but through sending measurments back and forth I think I hit it ok. He will finish the attachment holes when he gets it shortly. I hope it all goes to gether ok. It was nice using cut 2D as it required several recuts and adjustments befor it was done. ..Ron BB
Attachments
stev03.jpg

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard

Post by metalworkz »

Hello Ron,

It looks very good! It looks like your camera mounts are doing well. Thanks for posting the pictures and information to keep us updated on your projects.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:

RonH
Vectric Apprentice

Post by RonH »

RonH wrote:This camea mount was build as a custom job for a fellow. I have never seen his copter but through sending measurments back and forth I think I hit it ok. He will finish the attachment holes when he gets it shortly. I hope it all goes to gether ok. It was nice using cut 2D as it required several recuts and adjustments befor it was done. ..Ron BB
Well he just emailed me and he says its a good fit and he is happy. Amazing!

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard

Post by metalworkz »

Hi Ron,
That's great! Now that this worked out so well, it leaves you with another option for anyone interested in the mounts and not close enough to stop bye. I'm glad it has all worked out so well for you!
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:

RonH
Vectric Apprentice

Post by RonH »

metalworkz wrote:Hi Ron,
That's great! Now that this worked out so well, it leaves you with another option for anyone interested in the mounts and not close enough to stop bye. I'm glad it has all worked out so well for you!
Well maybe. I may not be so lucky next time. We have a growing series of mounts for the Trex line of copters. Anyway now I don't have to worry about it. Got away with it. Its been getting a little busy lately. We have been getting a lot of orders from other countries. Thanks for your reply and interest....Ron BB