RC car battery box cover made from Aluminum with Cut2D

The Gallery is for posting photographs and images of work machined using Cut2D
metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

RC car battery box cover made from Aluminum with Cut2D

Post by metalworkz »

We made an aluminum cover to replace the stock plastic cover that comes on the OFNA Titan Twin Monster Truck. This part was made entirely with toolpaths from Cut2D and the part was good the first time around. This part has a good mix of operations including drilling, c'bore, obround slot, rectangle cutout, engraving, pockets, profile with tabs and a corner radius around the top. I could not find a way to add a corner radius tool to the tool library, and thought it might be nice to be able to add special tools, but I guess that is an option they probably won't add unless there is a big enough demand. I am very happy with the performance of the Cut2D program and the ease of use so please don't get me wrong, this is a great program! Not sure if there is an option for a finishing path in Cut2d but I will also need to use a finishing pass next time I cut a profile like this. Take a look at the pictures, and let me know what you think.
Attachments
TitanItFits.JPG
TitanOutside2.jpg
Titaninside.JPG
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard

Post by metalworkz »

Here is another part for this project that I made yesterday. It is a heavy duty bumper mounting arm made from .25" aluminum. I still need to drill and tap a couple holes in one end of the mtg. arms. Sorry the picture is not real clear.
Attachments
titanbumpMt.jpg
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:

lovebugjunkie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Romaxx HS1

Post by lovebugjunkie »

Nice work. Been thinking of getting back into the RC hobby.

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard

Post by metalworkz »

Thanks lovebugjunkie. My son is the one that is deep into the RC hobby more so than I. He has been into the RC cars and trucks for a long time and is now getting into the airplanes and helicopters also. He has designed many improved chassis sets and parts for the cars and trucks and we work together to get the parts made.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines: