Antiochian Pectoral Cross

The Gallery is for posting photographs and images of work machined using Cut2D
hz6b9k

Antiochian Pectoral Cross

Post by hz6b9k »

Greetings!

This is an Antiochian Orthodox Pectoral Cross made using Cut2D. It measures only 4 1/2" tall. It was cut in 3/8" maple with a 0.5 mm end mill.

After cutting the grooves and pockets, I filled them in with maple wood dust and polyurethane. If you'd like, just click on the photo to enlarge it.

Happy Cutting!
Attachments
smaller file antio.jpg

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Post by metalworkz »

The Cross turned out very good! Thanks for posting the picture. That's a small end mill; how big is the shank? Also I imagine you need to use minimal cut depths with this tool?
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

Great Job hz6b9k,

Nice and crisp detail.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

hz6b9k

cutter details

Post by hz6b9k »

The cutter I used has a 1/8" shank and I am using a Dremel for a spindle. I typically take passes of only 0.02" in maple wood at 10 inches per minute. Soft woods can be cut more aggressively. The cutters are made of carbide. There are plenty of places to find them on line. I like to buy them used. These types of bits are used in the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) industry to isolate traces and cut boards out. They will discard them after only a few inches of cutting; the bits still have a lot of life left in them for cutting. There is a link on the links section of my website: www.stdwoodworking.com

Thanks much!
Attachments
019719-7-micro-bit-single.jpg