My newbie setup

The Gallery is for posting photographs and images of work machined using Cut2D
Stompa
Model of CNC Machine: Ross CNC 60/12

My newbie setup

Post by Stompa »

Ive been lucking around the forum for a few weeks, Reading, Learning etc. So thought i would finally put up a few pics of my set up etc.. (don't laugh to hard at my little start up machine..)
First pic is my setup. Second pic was my first drawing in Cut2d and then put into the CNC and Yes :D :D :D ... It worked, Was my 2nd proudest moment, as i had never used a CNC machine before in my life and managed to do that cut within 2 days of setting everything up (must admit Vectric software does make it easy :) :) ) After running my business for the past 15+ years with doing everything by hand with jigsaws , table saws , hand saws etc... Im now like where have you been all my life Mr CNC Router :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ive done lots of simple 2D cuts , lettering etc over the few weeks of having it. But the 3rd pic is my proudest moment.. Got some free time so designed/drew up and proceeded to cut and put it all together, my dust boot for my machine..
I read lots of threads on this forum about dust skirts other had made and got lots of ideas etc..
When i finished it tonight and got all excited that it worked the wife just LOOKed at me with a blank look as i was yelling... It worked... It worked.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
So yeah i went back to my work shop very quickly muttering a few words under my breath...
Hope you enjoy my little piece of paradise..
And yes I'm already planing on getting a larger cmc machine already. :wink: :wink:
Dont tell the wife..
Stompa
Attachments
setup.jpg
first cut.jpg
photo-7.JPG

GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

Re: My newbie setup

Post by GaryR6 »

Congrats and welcome to the club of heart breakers and dust makers. Most of us WANT a bigger machine but I too have a little voice that says "no you don't need one) so learn about tiling.

Stompa

Post by Stompa »

Yes GaryR6 I'm reading all i can about tiling..

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Everyone has to start somewhere & there are still plenty of people who won't take that step from doing everything with hand tools so at least you aren't afraid of progress. If your using the machine for your business then it should make a big difference especially time wise, once your wife sees the increase in turn over how could she refuse you a bigger machine :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stompa

Post by Stompa »

Thanks Martin.
Yes i no what you mean as same thing happened when i upgraded from a cheap china vinyl cutter to my nice Roland i have now and the time savings payed for themselves in weeks.
The wife will let a bigger machine come in when its needed.. I think. :D

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I've never owned a cheap Chinese plotter, they didn't exist when I started but from the number of problem posts I've read on forums anyone who is serious about running a business should probably avoid them. My graphtec machine is over 12 years old now & has run more miles of vinyl than I care to think about lol

mrputz1
Model of CNC Machine: assembled from parts

Post by mrputz1 »

Fantastic. I also am going to attempt to do the same thing. Please look at my new post from Mrputz1 as i am also just learning.