Inkscape to Cut2D sizing Problems . . .

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
rmurray

Inkscape to Cut2D sizing Problems . . .

Post by rmurray »

I purchased the "real" version of Cut2D this morning and have been playing around with it a bit. I made an image of my name (murray) in Photoshop CS3, saved it as a .gif file, then opened it up in Inkscape and changed it over to a .dxf file (using the R12 extension). When I open it up in Cut 2D, the file is huge. If I save it as an .eps file, the file size is approximately what I designated. My question is, will the file type make a difference in the end product (cutting out signs on a little CNC) and if I really should be using the .dxf file type, what am I doing wrong to get such a giant image (76 x 284 inches instead of 3 x 11 inches)?

Thank you (and I'm sure this will be the first of many questions to come . . .)
Deb

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Re: Inkscape to Cut2D sizing Problems . . .

Post by gravirozo »

hi

try to check on mm/inch settings... looks of numbers, the larger was multiplied by 25.4 as the scale between inch/mm

thanks
viktor

rmurray

Post by rmurray »

Thank you Viktor. I wondered earlier if that was the problem, now I just have to figure out how to fix it.

mboydraska
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis homebuilt

Post by mboydraska »

That is a common mistake for me, getting into a hurry sometimes. But the beauty of Cut2D is that you can scale vectors to any size you want. If you send a dxf that appears too large scale the drawing to what you desire when applicable.

By the way Welcome to the forum. :D

Happy Cutting!
Mike
HAPPY CUTTING
Mike

rmurray

Post by rmurray »

Thanks, Mike!