Open Vector

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Willy

Open Vector

Post by Willy »

I have problem joining the open vector on the outer box. Can anybody please check to see what I did wrong here.

This is how I do these may be I did the wrong steps here.

1. I highligh all three boxes and then hold down the shift key and to deselect the two smaller boxes. After that click on the join vector icon but is not allowing me to join the open vector on the box.

Thanks

Willy

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Post by metalworkz »

Hello Willy,
You were almost there, all I did is with the outside vectors highlighted right click and select 'close vectors with a line' and that did it. Sometimes if the vectors can not be joined if you look at the 'close vectors' dialogue and the options are enabled just use the most appropriate option and it will usually get it done.
Attachments
example2.crv
(7 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

Willy

Post by Willy »

metalworkz wrote:Hello Willy,
You were almost there, all I did is with the outside vectors highlighted right click and select 'close vectors with a line' and that did it. Sometimes if the vectors can not be joined if you look at the 'close vectors' dialogue and the options are enabled just use the most appropriate option and it will usually get it done.
You are Genie! I still have a lot to learn I just brought the software last week.

Again thank you.

William