cut2d help with doggie badge

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Forbesbrb
Model of CNC Machine: Chinese 3020 and a chines 6040

cut2d help with doggie badge

Post by Forbesbrb »

i tried to make a name badge for my dog i stated by making a boc 29mm square this was to represent the diameter of the badge i then put a 29mm circle inside the box I then did the text making sure that the text was all within circle's diameter, I then proceeded to the toolpath menu and chose quick engrave i save the toolpaths to gcode and proceeded to my cnc machine because i chose the corner of the box for my start point i set cnc up with the same square 29mm and put the name-plate within the square and set the 0,0, position and the z depth and proceeded to mill the name-plate using a 60 degree v-bit perhaps the wrong choice but i am new to this so the finished results were not too bad but the text that was written did not emulate the size in the drawing it was smaller and i think slightly to the right of centre. big question what did i do wrong and don't hold back i want to learn this software ??????

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: cut2d help with doggie badge

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Can you post your CRV file and a photo of the results here for us to look at?

How do I upload files or photos to the forum?
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Forbesbrb
Model of CNC Machine: Chinese 3020 and a chines 6040

Re: cut2d help with doggie badge

Post by Forbesbrb »

I have just realised what i have done wrong i have 2 cnc machines a 60/40 30/20 and i have not used 3020 for a while and i had been using the 6040 settings on the 3020 .
I set the proper settings and wow i have the correct size being milled again.
One thing i would like to ask i have now pocketed out the size of the dog badge now the badge sits flush with the waste board but i would like to know is would you still have to hold this down and if so what with double sided tape ?? :D