Cut2D v9.5 is here!

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Cut2D v9.5 is here!

Post by Stephanie Downing »

We are delighted to announce the releases of Cut2D Pro & Desktop v9.5 - a FREE update for all v9 customers. As of today, everyone running Cut2D v9 on a computer with internet access will see an update notification in the top right-hand corner of its main window. Simply click on the notification link, log in to your V&Co account and download the full installer for the latest v9.5 features.

If you run Cut2D on a computer without internet access, you can still access your account and download the installer from any other internet enabled computer by visiting the V&Co site directly using your web browser

https://portal.vectric.com/

Videos demonstrating the new features in Cut2D can be found here:
Cut2D Pro:
Cut2D Desktop:

The highlights of this release are:

Picture Editor - Change the contrast, brightness and gamma of your imported bitmaps. Make them black and white, apply borders and crop them to fit your design.

In-place text editing and transformations - See live feedback of the text that you create and edit. Text maintains formatting, allowing you to easily make edits after the text has been created without losing transforms, spacing or kerning.

3D Helical Arcs in Ramping – Makes for smoother cuts and smaller file sizes for machines that support this option.

Please note: v9.5 is a complete installation that will install alongside and independently of your existing v9 software. Once you've installed v9.5, v9 will still be available so make sure you are running the latest version by checking the text in the main window title bar (top-left). As soon as you are happy with your update, you can go ahead and uninstall v9.

Forgotten your V&Co password?
Just follow the link under password entry box on the V&Co login page to reset it.

Forgotten your V&Co username?
This is usually the email address you registered with us when you first purchased VCarve. If you're still not sure, follow the link to email support and we can help you get back up and running.

kstrauss
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Tormach PCNC770

Re: Cut2D v9.5 is here!

Post by kstrauss »

I successfully downloaded and installed v9.5. There is a mention in the new features of there being new material regarding helical entry in the postprocessor guide available under Help. Insofar as I can see the "new" guide is the old version dating from 2014 and an Acrobat search doesn't find any reference to "helical". Where do I find the revised postprocessor guide?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

There is some information about the post processor changes in this thread - http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?p=220088#p220088

kstrauss
Vectric Craftsman

Post by kstrauss »

The new feature list includes "Rotary Job Support(V9.5)" Where do I find details of this new feature? Is there a video tutorial?

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

Unfortunately Rotary Job Support is not available in Cut2D. The fact that it is listed in what's new page is an mistake. The section that describes the feature (and points to relevant user guide pages) have been removed, but we failed to remove it from the list at the top.
As you can see rotary support is neither listed in this post nor what's new videos nor our product comparison page.
I am sorry for misleading information.

Greg K

kstrauss
Vectric Craftsman

Post by kstrauss »

Thanks for the helpful comments. I have successfully modified my user written PathPilot (LinuxCNC) post to output ramped plunges as helical arcs rather than thousands of very short straight line segments.

It appears that ramped entry for pockets is still done as hundreds of linear moves followed by arcs with sharp changes in diameter. It would be much nicer to use a helical entry followed by arcs of gradually increasing diameter. The sharp diameter changes create undesirable peaks in spindle loading. I keep dreaming!