Profile with 60deg 0.125" V-Bit

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
ggagnon

Post by ggagnon »

Is it possible to make a 0,5" deep sloped profile with a 1/8" V-Bit?
I have attached a crude representation of what I expect and what I actually get with Cut2D.
Gaston
Attachments
Profile with V-Bit.jpg
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Re: Profile with 60deg 0.125" V-Bit

Post by RoutnAbout »

ggagnon wrote:Is it possible to make a 0,5" deep sloped profile with a 1/8" V-Bit?
I have attached a crude representation of what I expect and what I actually get with Cut2D.
Gaston
I'm sure there is.
What is the angle and the diameter of the tool.

You could also post the crv file.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

ggagnon

Post by ggagnon »

The tool is 1/8" diameter and the angle 60degre. The width of the Vpart is 1/8" .

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

I've just read the features of Cut2d, and the only way I know how to do it with Cut2d, is to figure the geometry out and create 2 or 3 offsets toolpaths depending on the thickness of your material. Then bring them into Cut2d to generate your cut file.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

ggagnon

Post subject: Profile with 60deg 0.125" V-Bit

Post by ggagnon »

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I tried this work around. The problem is each pass creates a dent on corners.

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

That can mean the trigo. is wrong...

-the bit doesn't have the supposed angle: i.e. 60° is actually 59°. That can be difficult to accurately check. :?

-the bit is tipped off; it has a small flat tip. If you have a spec. for the tip flat good but if not good luck!

With some trial tests you should get an acceptable to perfect result. It really is just a matter of trigonometry. :roll: Make sure the settings are correct in the tool database.

ggagnon

Post by ggagnon »

Unless Vectric comes up with some settings that I could not find the only way to do this and avoid little dent on the edges is to make multiple offestted paths and Machine Vectors ON or Inside.
The attach image shows the dents I was refering to when Machining Vectors OUTSIDE

Thanks to RoutnAbout and Paco for your comments.
Gaston
Attachments
tool depth.jpg

ggagnon

Post by ggagnon »

I attached the desired end result. To achieve this I have to make a Profile type of path with Machining Vectors ON and make sure the outer perimeter was enlarged at the desing stage by half the tool bit diameter

Is this the normal way to do things: change the actual part dimensions to compensate the CAM software being used?

I wish someone from Vectric support would shime on this because there might already be a way to do this in Cut2D.

Gaston
Sorry for the newbe question I am obviously new at this.
Attachments
tool depthON.jpg