bmp's and jpeg's

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
berrows@comcast.net
Model of CNC Machine: probotix fireball 90

bmp's and jpeg's

Post by berrows@comcast.net »

I'm on line (BING), type in "image silhouettes of decorative plaques". That brings up a page with all kinds of shapes usually in black and white for better cutting. Right click on image, box comes up and says, save, save as and copy. I use save as. that brings up my cnc files, I click on cnc projects then save. Here is the problem. Before purchasing cut2d, when I have saved as, I went to Paint for all my editing such as it was. When finished, click file and save as a BMP. Back now to cut2d, I click on Import Bitmap, bring in the image. I then want to bring in another image to put inside the first one to do all the editing...however, the last image has a large square white background and when I bring it into the middle it covers the first image. I checked all my stuff even the jpeg's, all images come with the white background and I can't do anything. Can someone tell me where I might go to find stuff that won't import that way or is there a way within cut2d to fix this, Vectric says no. I make all kinds of plaques...used to be by hand till I got my cnc, what a blessing, cut my time to nothing! Can anybody help this old man, there has to be a way to import just the text or image without the background...thanks Doug

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: bmp's and jpeg's

Post by Adrian »

You would need to merge the bitmaps by removing background etc in a graphics program and then import it. Or import and trace the bitmaps one at a time.

Better to work with vectors than bitmaps from the start.

Frunple

Re: bmp's and jpeg's

Post by Frunple »

You can just move the top bmp over to the side also.