no back buttons

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
berrows@comcast.net
Model of CNC Machine: probotix fireball 90

no back buttons

Post by berrows@comcast.net »

I'm a newbe to cut2d software that does what you want, I love it! I have been doing all my router work by hand for years from creation to the last coat of clear, doing it the hard way with...Microsoft paint and other software for g-code which I love using also. My question is this...once you enter toolpathing to see how things will cut, your pretty much stuck with no way to go back and look or change. I have countless times had to press X and start over again. Please, I no Vectric told me it was designed that way to be fluid but there has to be a way without messing things up. I was successful tonight with my project and I can tell, once you are really familiar with your program you can get by. So glad the tutorials are there, I have to go from project page to tutorial back and forth a baziilion times to get it right...can anyone give me a clue?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: no back buttons

Post by Adrian »

Not sure what you mean by going back. You can switch between the two views and the various tabs whenever you want to. You can preview each toolpath one at a time or all in one go and you can undo and redo each level.

Can you describe what it is you want to do i a bit more detail?

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

You can also use Toolpaths--Recalculate All Toolpaths to incorporate any changes you have made to the vectors in your existing toolpaths.

(I'm assuming you have that option in Cut2D. I have VCarve Pro.)
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

berrows@comcast.net

Hi fellas, for instance. Going from first page "job set up" to the next page where you text and do most all your work before going to tool path, I do not see any icon that I can click to take me back to job set up! Maybe I'm dense at 76 but I don't see a way to go back and forth but one to either check, fix, change or do anything except get out and start over it's very frustrating. My second ? is this. Cut2d says you can import "bitmaps" and the like from other places. I have a slew from over the years because most things I did had to come as a bit map or dfx to set up for g-code in other software. When I try to import one in cut2d I can bring it into the program but when trying to highlight the vector in the dotted pink lines it won't do it, what do I need to do to get this to work...thanks...Doug

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

There are two ways to go back to the job setup. You can click the icon (1st icon, 2nd row under File Operations) or you can choose Job Size and Position from the Edit menu.

When you import bitmaps you have to add vectors by either manually tracing or using the auto trace icon (small bird icon). Then you can select the vectors and create a toolpath as normal.

When you calculate a toolpath Cut2D will automatically take you to the preview screen (you can change that behaviour in the Option under the Edit menu) but that doesn't stop you from doing anything else. Just click the Close button on the Preview form and carry on with other operations.

All I can suggest is going through the various Tutorial and Tips & Tricks Videos paying attention to the way the author moves around. Nothing in Cut2D should be requiring you to delete everything and start again when you want to do changes.

berrows@comcast.net

Thanks all for your help guy's on the "go back buttons" it's all good...thanks again...Doug

Martin Reid
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Post by Martin Reid »

Dear Berrows

It's great when you first get started, I remember it well. All that new stuff - can't wait to give it a try.

I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to RTFM, but did you see the video tutorials?

Cut2d Video Tutorials
http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V9 ... =1&order=1

And if you don't have the user manual then you will find copies located below.

Cut2D Pro
https://docs.vectric.com/docs/V9.0/Cut2 ... t2DPro.pdf

Cut2D Desktop
https://docs.vectric.com/docs/V9.0/Cut2 ... esktop.pdf

All the best, keep at it!

Yours sincerely and in good faith
Martin

berrows@comcast.net

Hi once again. I have to say I' am thankful for this forum which is all of you out there! Is it true that you can't V-carve in Cut2d Desktop, because if that's true, I'll have to go back to my old ways which is why I bought this software, to get it all done in ONE! Once again, maybe I didn't read everything. Doug

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

There is no v-carve toolpath in Cut2D. You would need VCarve or Aspire to get the v-carve toolpath.