Cut2D Laser Bug?

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
JimG
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Seig KX1

Cut2D Laser Bug?

Post by JimG »

I've been working with the latest V9 of Cut2D Laser and VTransfer and like the upgrades. But there is one niggle with V2 Laser. If you set up and calculate a toolpath to either "Cut Inside" or "Cut Outside", and if you call up this toolpath to edit it, it has defaulted to "Cut On" which can catch you out if you don't notice this and calculate again. Also if you use the "Recalculate Toopaths" option, the software defaults to "Cut On" for all recalculations, so that rules out using this useful feature if you are not cutting on the lines.

Also, a small point with VTransfer (and with the previous version). The default X setting for the Emblaser 1 is given as 305, which means that you can hit the end stop if you venture near X = 0. It should be 300.

Jim.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Cut2D Laser Bug?

Post by Adrian »

Is there a width to the laser the way it's defined in the software though? In the router version of the software inside and outside make sense because bits have width but with a laser I wouldn't have thought it would make sense to do that hence (IMO) why it reverts to on the line.

Probably best to contact support@vectric.com directly about this as there aren't that many users of Cut2D Laser on the forum.

JimG
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Seig KX1

Re: Cut2D Laser Bug?

Post by JimG »

Adrian wrote:Is there a width to the laser the way it's defined in the software though? In the router version of the software inside and outside make sense because bits have width but with a laser I wouldn't have thought it would make sense to do that hence (IMO) why it reverts to on the line.

Probably best to contact support@vectric.com directly about this as there aren't that many users of Cut2D Laser on the forum.
Adrian,

You can now define the kerf width of the laser beam and can elect to cut inside or outside the toolpath line as well as cutting on the line. The original Cut2D laser only cut on the line but the additional facilities came in with the upgrade earlier this year. They are really handy when cutting parts to fit well where the width of the laser beam cutting on the line could give a loose fit.

I'll drop an email to support@vectric.

Jim.