China CNC Zone Router Post processor?

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
zenkustumz
Model of CNC Machine: CHINACNC

China CNC Zone Router Post processor?

Post by zenkustumz »

Hey Everyone..

New to the community and excited to get involved.

Just purchased the Cut2d software and was wondering if someone can confirm the post processor i should be using. I currently set up in metric and use design software along with Mach3 and my post processor is a gcode format ending in .tap

I did find the metric gcode post processor, which i am pretty sure its what i should use but wanted to confirm.

my router is using a 2200 water cooled spindle with an er20 collet set up. I build a water chiller system that cools the whole system and does not move above 27 Celsius, with the machine running 4 hours solid..
Very happy so far but excited to expand my projects with this software.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
John

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: China CNC Zone Router Post processor?

Post by garylmast »

Post Processor for Chinese CNC using Mach, if in millimeters. If inches, change (mm) to (inch)

G Code (mm)(*.tap)

zenkustumz
Model of CNC Machine: CHINACNC

Post by zenkustumz »

Thank you sir.. It's what I thought but wanted to just confirm..

BDM
Vectric Craftsman

Post by BDM »

It may not matter, but if you're using Mach, wouldn't it make more sense to use the Mach3 post processor (Mach2/3 Arcs (mm) (*.txt))?

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

It may not matter, but if you're using Mach, wouldn't it make more sense to use the Mach3 post processor (Mach2/3 Arcs (mm) (*.txt))?
I accidentally used that possessor and had a lot of problems, in fact I had to contact Vectric Support. Use the generic one I mentioned. You need a .tap file not a .txt. If using a rotary, then the processor would Mach 2/3-Wrap X2A ATC (mm)(.txt) Changing X to Y if the rotary runs length to length, and (inch) if not using metric.

Gary

kstrauss
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Tormach PCNC770

Post by kstrauss »

Is that CNC controller actually so completely brain dead that it cannot accept both .tap and .txt as file extensions?

I have successfully used CNCwrapper (https://www.cncwrapper.com/) to convert output files to use a 4th axis.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

The extension on the end is meaningless. the G-Code file is TEXT no matter what the extension is. So a .TAP or a .TXT is the same thing. It could also have no extension at all and still work the same.

I use the Mach3 post all the time in my Mach3 control - but have tested others as well. G-Code is G-Code.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

A combo reply to the last 3 posts. Yes all gcode files are in essence a text file. That said, some, maybe many will only accept certain file extensions. The reasoning is to make sure that all their required Gcode callouts are in the header and file format is proper. This is usually done by controller OEMs and sometimes modified by machine mfgrs to limit or add feature

A good number of controls can define which extensions they will accept.

Like Leo says, once you get to the actual G0, G1 lines there is little, if any difference.
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com