Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
You can download the VCarve trial to see for yourself in the preview.
The font can make a big difference as well. A 60 degree bit would work ok with a font like Times.
- Vectric Archimage
- Posts: 8346
- Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:19 pm
- Location: Surrey, UK
- Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48
I VCarve 3/16" high "Crafted by......" in some of my projects, using a 45 degree bit. Times New Roman.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.
- Vectric Wizard
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:21 am
- Location: Renton, WA USA
- Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (modified)
- Vectric Craftsman
- Posts: 153
- Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:57 pm
- Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3D XXL
The smallest legible lettering also depends on the material. For example, I often use a diamond drag tool to produce lettering less than 1/8-inch high on anodized aluminum.
- Vectric Apprentice
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:37 am
- Location: Cobourg, ON, Canada
- Model of CNC Machine: Tormach PCNC770
Return to Cut2D - General
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests