Layers

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
kstrauss
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Tormach PCNC770

Layers

Post by kstrauss »

When I choose to display a single layer and then join vectors on that layer the display, after joining, shows other layers in addition to the one selected to show exclusively. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm using Cut2D Desktop 9.014 although the same problem occurred in 9.012.

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Re: Layers

Post by dhellew2 »

Make certain you activate the layer of the layer where you are placing the data... right of the active light bulb you are using Dale.
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Any operation you do on a layer that results in a new vector being formed (including joining) will apply that change to the current active layer not the layer the vector resides on.

So if the active layer is Layer 2 and you have the visibility turned off and you do an operation on a vector on Layer 1 it will be placed on the active layer and that layer will be made visible at the same time.

The active layer is the one displayed in the box at the top of the Cut2D window and marked in bold type on the layer list.

kstrauss
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Tormach PCNC770

Post by kstrauss »

I'll have to check what layer is active the next time it happens. That said, setting to "show only" the layer of the original vectors shows the joined vectors.