Using Cut2d on my Shapeoko

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
cusoak
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3D XXL

Using Cut2d on my Shapeoko

Post by cusoak »

I am ready to buy the Cut 2d program and but I want to cut a file something simple like a sign.
Can you point me to one that I can try
Thanks Jeff

BDM
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Using Cut2d on my Shapeoko

Post by BDM »

Not sure if you mean you want to try something before you buy or after? Either way, there are files included with Cut2D to see if the program works with your machine. Don't have the program in front of me, but I think the file is called "Vectophone" or something like that if you want to do a sign. If you've bought the program, go ahead and make your own sign. If you don't know how, use one of the many tutorials that show how to make a sign.

cusoak
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3D XXL

Post by cusoak »

I just watched the Vectophone video . In setting up the toolpaths, the first tool path she selected the .125 bit th cut out the pocket around the letters and ran the simulation,then found it did not cut everything out. then she went back in and changed to a 1/16" bit then everything was cut out in the simulation. question is this.
Was that two passes one with the 1/8" and then one with the 1/16" or just 1 pass with the 1/16" bit.
Also how are the different tool changes handled
Where do I get the file
Jeff

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

For all the tutorials there is a download link just above the video that lets you download the files to go with the tutorial.