Avoid going to Safe Z after each pass

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Jibeji
Model of CNC Machine: CNC 3020

Re: Avoid going to Safe Z after each pass

Post by Jibeji »

Adrian wrote:Remove the moves from the g-code.
That's what I do Adrian :wink:
But bored of doing that, I've asked if there was a better (cleaner) solution here.

eph210
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Stinger 1 and Mabel, both with 4 axis

Post by eph210 »

It looks like you could design two closed vectors, an inner and an outer one, and use the profile toolpath with spiral ramping to machine your part. Then it would only lift between toolpaths.
Euan

Jibeji
Model of CNC Machine: CNC 3020

Post by Jibeji »

Hello,
The support confirmed this is not possible.
May be in a future release...

pupdogg
Model of CNC Machine: CandCNC

Post by pupdogg »

A simple "Bypass Safe Z Clearance after each Pass" checkbox in the Pocket Tool dialog should resolve this issue...I've done some digging into this and it looks like it's been going on since 2009. Yes, I understand that you can kill yourself when driving over the speed limit...but on the brighter side, you can also come out alive if you know what you're doing. :wink: Please add this to feature list. Thank you!

grummy

Post by grummy »

As long as you have conquered step one (first you get good), then you can move to step two (then you get fast).

In that the software does not offer you the option to skip the Z axis lift, you could quickly do a find/replace (between line and line) in a decent G-code verification program (I use NCPlot).

In your case, I'd opt to change the offending line to G91, G00 Z 0.001, G90 perhaps ? This would simply replace the waste of time, still allow the bit to retract a smidgen, then return to the next pass start location.

Indeed there should be a check box to restrict this type of motion. When I get qty work where this really matters, I will always quote work with the "out of the box code", then dial things with manual editing for added $$ gains.