feedrate wierd when pocketing

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
MotoGeek
Model of CNC Machine: UCCNC controller on Multicam MG205

feedrate wierd when pocketing

Post by MotoGeek »

Using the mach3 post processor, I do a profile cut with the plunge rate of the bit set to 30 inch/min and the feedrate set to 60 inch/min. When I save the tool path and inspect the gcode all is good, plunge = F30 and feedrate = F60.

When using the same exact tool and I do a pocket fill, then inspect the gcode, the plunge rate = F1800 and the feedrate = F3000, so naturally my machine thinks I smoking something. I use an editor and do a search and replace to fix it, but why is this happening?

Thanks for any and all help.

P.S. I'm using Cut2d pro and version 9.010.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: feedrate wierd when pocketing

Post by Adrian »

Is it the same exact tool in the database? A common error is to have the dropdown next to the feed rate set to the wrong units. So inches/min rather than mm/sec or some such.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Agreed with Adrian - PLUS make sure you are using a post processor for Mach3 --- INCHES, not mm
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

MotoGeek

Post by MotoGeek »

Yes, this is the same exact tool and I am using Mach3 INCHES, not mm. Tried a couple of different post processors (gcode ones) and they do it too. So must be something with Cut2d pro I'm thinking...

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Could you post the file so we can look at the setup? Not saying it's not an issue with Cut2D but it seems a pretty fundamental problem that I would have expected to see more reports on if it is.

MotoGeek

Post by MotoGeek »

Hi Adrian, I will post tomorrow when I get back to the office. I did several tests with someone else and we were both surprised that this has not come up before just as you would think. Hopefully its just me doing something weird, but at this point it looks like I am not changing anything other than changing from profile to pocket and then examining the gcode after each operation.