OFFICIAL - New England Meet and Greet

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

OFFICIAL - New England Meet and Greet

Post by Leo »

To Vectric - THANK you for NOT stopping this meet and greet. This is just one more example as to just how good and generous this company is --- Thank you.

OK - here we go on the FIRST of hopefully more Meet and Greet sessions.

WHEN - August 19 about 9:00 AM to about 6-7 pm.

WHO should attend - You should.

WHAT to expect - just my shop and back yard, and whatever those of you that come will bring to the table, oh, and me.

HOW it will be structured - it will not be.

$$$ - COST $$$ /\/\/\ = YOU decide. I cannot foot the bill all by myself. I am not all that well endowed financially. I want you to come. If you can drop 50 cents in the can please come. If you cannot afford a plug nickle please come. If you can afford a few dollars please come. If you can afford to help those less fortunate please come. For me - I will provide lots of good and some quite expensive food stuff, my shop, back yard, toilet, well water and other stuff. I will also provide a donation can, privately enough so that nobody is embarrassed about what you donate or do not donate. Please come.

As unstructured as it will be we will plan something but not on an agenda sort of way.

Not is any sort of order in any way shape or form.

Food - I will have stuff at the ready - Chips, Hot Dogs, Hamburger patties, Chourico (portugese hot sausage), boneless skinless chicken breast, Lobster salad(very limited supply, with cost attached), soda, coffee, iced coffee (new england thing)(don't knock it till you try it), salad stuff, coldcut sandwich stuff. There will be NO big fancy pig roast.

I prefer that there be no alcohol at all. No beer, no wine. Sorry about that. Please honor this one request.

Who will be doing the cooking? Not me. You cook as you feel hungry - gas grill will be available.

I have a 1300 x 1300 x 254 CNC machine available, plus a small maxNC machine available. I also have the full range of woodworking tools at our disposable.

I will set up a show and tell table - please plan to brag and show off. Don't be shy. For those that are looking for inspiration this is a HUGE plus for them.

DO - plan to demonstrate skills at painting, sculpting, carving, CNC, layout, creativity and anything else you can bring to the table.

Chairs - Tables - I have some, but never enough. I can set up saw horses and sheets of plywood. I have some plastic lawn chairs, and some plastic folding tables. If you are local and driving please bring whatever you can.

If you plan to come, maybe or definately - please PM to me - or EMAIL to me if you do not have PM here yet.

Oh PLEASE - do NOT - tell me how or what you plan to do financially. I do NOT want to know who does what. That is strictly between YOU and the CAN. Don't me anything about that.

email - voisil@comcast.net
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

Kayvon
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Re: OFFICIAL - New England Meet and Greet

Post by Kayvon »

Congrats! This is very cool. Fun to see this moving.

A small request: Could we limit the number of redundant threads? There are at least 4 identical threads for this right now.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

PM sent:)
I'm in the "plug nickel" category, I hope your "can" will accept 7/4 :)
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Scott,

Glad you are able to come.

Please, nobody post or mention anything about financial ability.

I just want everyone to be on a comfortable playing field regardless of financial ability.

I just ask for honesty when it comes to the can.

I have already been told I have rocks in my head, but I trust in the honesty that most people will help to their own ability.

No embarrassment - the can is there - if you can, please do - if you cannot - please do not.

If nobody does, then we just will not do it again - but I trust - and I don't wanna know
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC