Need Help - SKETCHUP + CUT2D.pro + BIESSE SKILL 15

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
CDNbacon
Model of CNC Machine: BIESSE SKILL G FT / BIESSE ROVER 27

Need Help - SKETCHUP + CUT2D.pro + BIESSE SKILL 15

Post by CDNbacon »

Finally joined up... great board! Seems like a lot of good help here & I'm hoping to find some answers as I'm stuck.

I use SketchUp for most of my cad because I pull 3d drawings off of it, and I purchased CUT2d.PRO specifically for SketchUp automated importing & nesting,
it's exactly what I've always wanted to do and CUT2D seemed like the choice and am glad I found it. I did however miss some restrictions on the FAQ page on Vectric.com and am hoping
there is a work around?

Here are some issues that are driving me crazy and can't to anything till they're resolved.

1.) Post Processor - Anybody know how to get a Biesse Skill G working? I don't understand the code at all, not a technical guy. I have searched and found the posts here but are limited in detail
and old. I realize that CUT2D.pro (after i bought it) doesn't support tool changers which I don't understand for Pro software but it is a detail I missed on the FAQ so that's on me I understand.
Is there a way around that for assigning even 1 tool to my files to nest? And can I even use this software for my machine somehow?

2.) Exported .DXF files from CUT2D.PRO in Biesseworks are not circles, they are arcs in 4 segments and I can't bore off that, is there a way to make all
bores/circles from my CUT2D exports true circles? Can this be easily done in CUT2D? What am I doing wrong?

I hope really hope to find some answers as I'm really trying to help with some flow at my job and CUT2D is the tool I need to do it for me.

Cheers guys, any help is much appreciated.

Jason

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Need Help - SKETCHUP + CUT2D.pro + BIESSE SKILL 15

Post by Adrian »

1. Not sure what you mean by assigning even 1 tool to the nest. There's no association at that level. Cut2D does support tool changers. Perhaps you were looking at messages about previous versions which didn't? What is it you're trying to do that you think Cut2D can't as I'm not following the assignment bit at all.

2. What do you mean by boring? Do you mean drilling? The drilling toolpath in Cut2D uses the centre point of the circle. All circles in Vectric products are comprised of four arcs. If the post processor supports arc commands (has ARC in the name) then they will be cut with arc commands in the code rather than segmented moves.

CDNbacon
Model of CNC Machine: BIESSE SKILL G FT / BIESSE ROVER 27

Re: Need Help - SKETCHUP + CUT2D.pro + BIESSE SKILL 15

Post by CDNbacon »

Adrian wrote:1. Not sure what you mean by assigning even 1 tool to the nest. There's no association at that level. Cut2D does support tool changers. Perhaps you were looking at messages about previous versions which didn't? What is it you're trying to do that you think Cut2D can't as I'm not following the assignment bit at all.

2. What do you mean by boring? Do you mean drilling? The drilling toolpath in Cut2D uses the centre point of the circle. All circles in Vectric products are comprised of four arcs. If the post processor supports arc commands (has ARC in the name) then they will be cut with arc commands in the code rather than segmented moves.
Hey Adrian. Thx for the response. Sorry about my wording. I'll explain a bit. I can't get the post processor to run on my machine. I open the file on my Biesse machine after assigning all my tool paths and drilling, saved to the appropriate Post Processor option but only geometries show up in my editor on the machine. No milling, no drilling, no pocketing. I wasn't sure why. Looking further on the FAQ support page it says that CUT2D DOES NOT support tool changers. Maybe it's out dated , but it's there. That's why I thought CUT2D didn't support tool changers, that's why I thought that's what it was, because I read that on Vectric. I'm glad to hear it does so big thanks on clerifying that, it's good news.

As far as the boring(drilling is what I meant). After failing at running the file exported from CUT2D in Biesseworks on my Biesse machine I tried to do just a simple .DXF export with no tooling but through a nested sheet through CUT2D. I open that in my editor to find all the circles broken in 4 segments. I understand that on my simulations in CUT2D that they showed up properly with assigned drills but I can't drill those geometries in my editor because I need to assign them to a single circle or dot.

My main issue I'm assuming is the post processor. I have no idea how that stuff can be modified. I don't understand it. I'm trying to find out how to get it going and am stuck.

You know any ways I can find out details about my model of Biesse CNC? Can I pay someone on here if that's allowed. Not sure. Anyway look forward to hearing any news and thanks for the confirming that the tool changers is a part of the package.

Cheers