Cut2D 1.5 vs Cut2D Desktop

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
martinwh99
Model of CNC Machine: _myMill home made portal milling machine

Cut2D 1.5 vs Cut2D Desktop

Post by martinwh99 »

Hello

I'm using Cut2D 1.5. Now i have seen that there is a new version Cut2D Desktop and Pro. My machine has a length of 1200mm and a width of 600 mm which i can use with my actual version. I would like to change to a new version, but the desktop version does not fit my machine (600x600mm) and i do not need a pro version. I'm a hobbyist. I would like to know why the desktop version is limited the 1.5 version is not.

regards
Martin
Regards
Martin

_myMill home made portal milling machine
LinuxCNC
ViaCad Pro 9, Cut3D, Cut2D

EtheAv8r
Model of CNC Machine: Sieg KX3 / Mach3

Re: Cut2D 1.5 vs Cut2D Desktop

Post by EtheAv8r »

I am in a similar boat. I am a registered user of Cut2D V1.5 and it worked fine when my Windows 7 PC was auto upgraded to Windows 10. I have now completed a Clean Install of Windows 10 and cannot install the 1.5 upgrade – the original 1.1 version installed fine and does run, but the 1.5 update exe fails. I was trying to locate a fresh download of the 1.5 update exe as windows tells me the installer is corrupt or incomplete. however it looks like I will be forced to pay for an upgrade........ I only use the software very occasionally.

It is a pity no one has responded to your query, for me 600x600 is way more than I need.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

This is primarily a user to user forum and you're asking questions that only someone from Vectric could really answer. Probably best to get in touch directly if you really want an answer.

For what's it worth comparing 1.5 to the latest version is like comparing apples and oranges. The latest versions are massively more powerful in what they can do.

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi,
EtheAv8r wrote:I am in a similar boat. I am a registered user of Cut2D V1.5 and it worked fine when my Windows 7 PC was auto upgraded to Windows 10. I have now completed a Clean Install of Windows 10 and cannot install the 1.5 upgrade – the original 1.1 version installed fine and does run, but the 1.5 update exe fails. I was trying to locate a fresh download of the 1.5 update exe as windows tells me the installer is corrupt or incomplete. however it looks like I will be forced to pay for an upgrade....
If you contact support@vectric.com with your licence details we can provide you with a download link for the full Cut2D V1.5 install, there is no need to pay for an upgrade if you are happy with your current version.

Brian