tabs

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Hessel
Model of CNC Machine: Stepcraft

tabs

Post by Hessel »

I use Cut2d for cutting 1mm polystyrene plates. This to make parts for my modelbuilding of trucks. I draw the parts in Solid Edge and save them as DXF. With the programming I use tabs. My problem is that the CNC milling machine (step craft 600) just does not skip these tabs high enough. I have searched the net but could not find the solution. The plate I mill is 1mm so if I program the tabs with a hight of 2mm there should be a gap of 1mm but instead the tabs are sometimes milled away completely. What am I doing wrong?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: tabs

Post by Adrian »

The tab height can't exceed the material thickness so it doesn't matter if you put 2mm in the thickness the code generated will generate tabs of 1mm thickness.

Are the tabs showing correctly in the toolpath preview? Where are you setting the Z-zero? Is it 100% accurate?

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

Remember that you tab height will be measured from the bottom of the cut path. If you are cutting into the spoilboard my half a mm, then your resulting tabs would only be .5mm thick. In that case you could use 1.5mm tabs as they cant be thicker than the cut depth (vs material thickness)
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

Hi Hessel,

If you don't mind, post your file or some screenshots showing your parameters.

How is your polystyrene sheet tied to the machine board? Maybe it's simply not correctly hold.

HTH

Tschüss
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517