Cut2D Laser Desktop v8.0

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
kyeakel
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger STV4800

Cut2D Laser Desktop v8.0

Post by kyeakel »

I am trying to use Cut2D laser desktop with a K40 laser that I have modified with a BigBear.dk stepper controller. The machine works fine using their interface. I'd like to use the included Vectric Transfer program to send the G-code directly to the machine from Cut2D laser. It seems that the transfer program finds the interface "Stepper Ctrl V100" which is com4 in dirvers->ports. It does not ever change machine status from "not connected". I'm assuming this is either from incorrect port settings for my machine or an incorrect handshake sequence. The transfer program works with my Darkly Labs laser, so it might be hardcoded to grbl.

My questions:
1) can I set the port settings via the post processor or other?
2) can I set the handshake sequence and response via the post processor or other?

Thanks,
Kipp
CAMaster Stinger 1
Shopbot PRT 9648
STV4800
Aspire
Cut2d,Cut2dLaser

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Re: Cut2D Laser Desktop v8.0

Post by BrianM »

Hi,

Cut2D Laser and Vectric Transfer only supports the Darkly Labs laser it is supplied with. It will not work with another machine / controller.

Brian

kyeakel
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger STV4800

Re: Cut2D Laser Desktop v8.0

Post by kyeakel »

Brian,
Thanks for the quick answer.

On another subject, my K40 has it's 0,0 position in the top left hand corner. If I set Cut2d to use this corner in makes the Y axis increment negatively instead of positively. Is there a way I can change that?

Thanks,
Kipp
CAMaster Stinger 1
Shopbot PRT 9648
STV4800
Aspire
Cut2d,Cut2dLaser