Cutting a 3D image with the Piranha

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Gunny Rogers
Model of CNC Machine: 141001

Cutting a 3D image with the Piranha

Post by Gunny Rogers »

Ok, I'm still a noob, and will need lots of help. I bought some 3D images and want to start the carving but I can not bring up the tool paths to see what bits I need for the carving. I believe that I will need to buy a couple other programs to add to my growing supply. The questions I really have that need answers are which program(s) will allow me to see the tool paths of drawings that I purchased, scan drawings to save with correct file extensions, and let me draw in 3D. The programs that I have looked at are too expensive and are almost out of the question. With all of the programs out there I am confused as to which one(s) will provide me with what I need.

tonydude
Vectric Apprentice

Re: Cutting a 3D image with the Piranha

Post by tonydude »

Study the tutorials and follow along. There is a great amount of information there. http://support.vectric.com/training-material. We all been there, you have to look at the tutorials, also click on the help content in your program.

Tony

tonydude
Vectric Apprentice

Post by tonydude »

You have to provide the toolpaths

Tony

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

What type of 3D images are they? If you bought them from VectorArt3D then you can use the free Vector Art Machinist programs to create toolpaths that you can import into Cut2D.

This link - http://www.vectric.com/products/compare.html - will show you the capabilities of the Vectric programs. To do everything you're talking about you really need Aspire.

Gunny Rogers

Post by Gunny Rogers »

Alright, I will have to get a program that will look at the 3D images I bought from Vector Art 3D and enable me to make the toolpaths. Will the program Aspire provide me with what I need. I will be looking at the information helps provided by Vectric in the mean time. I'm looking for a definative answer here.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Which programs do you already own? You've posted in the Cut2D section so I was assuming you owned Cut2d. If you download the Vector Art Machinist program from Vector Art 3D (it's free) you can use that to make toolpaths you can import into Cut2D.

Otherwise you can machine purchased 3D art directly with Cut3D, VCarve or Aspire. Did you look at the link with the capabilities of the programs in my previous post? It's all down to what you're wanting to do at the end of the day.

If you want to create 3D from scratch using a Vectric program then you need Aspire.

Gunny Rogers

Post by Gunny Rogers »

Ok, I am going to haqve to save my money to buy Aspire. the other answers were provided by these replies. Thanks.

Gunny Rogers

Post by Gunny Rogers »

The 3D images were bought from Vector Art 3D.

Ms Wolffie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Blue Elephant 1325, Shark HD Pro

Post by Ms Wolffie »

You can use the programs that came with the Piranha.
It's just a matter of crawling before you can walk.
Study the tutorials first.
Cheers
Wolffie

Whatshammacallit
Cut3D, VCarvePro 6.5, Aspire4, PhotoVCarve, Corel Graphics Suite X6