Timestamp of toolpath files on a NAS

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
glessboards
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger II

Timestamp of toolpath files on a NAS

Post by glessboards »

Hi all,
I'm a new user running Cut2D with a Camaster Stinger II. I've run into an issue that I haven't been able to figure out yet. When I save a toolpath from Cut2D to my NAS the timestamp of the file is 2 1/2 hours off (early), the date is fine. When I save the same file to either my desktop or another computer on my network the timestamp is correct. When I save the .crv file to the NAS the timestamp of that file is correct.
All other software saves to the NAS with the correct timestamp, it's just when I save a toolpath. I've tried multiple post processors and all save with the wrong time.
Anyone else run across this before?

Thanks,
Nick Gless

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Timestamp of toolpath files on a NAS

Post by Adrian »

No, I save my toolpaths to my NAS and the time stamps are spot on.

That is with Aspire rather than Cut2D but I can't imagine the problem would be with the Vectric software as they would be using standard windows calls to write the files and it's windows that takes care of all the stamping.

A Google search shows lots of peoples with similar issues so I think it's a problem with particular NAS setups.

glessboards
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger II

Post by glessboards »

Thanks Adrian,
I found the issue this morning; the NAS was set to us the NTP Time Server and evidently something wasn't right with it. So I deselected that and set the time on the NAS manually and now the toolpath files are correct. I still find it very odd other files were saving with the right timestamp, but oh well it's working now :D .

Nick

Russ Jr.
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Smart Shop

Post by Russ Jr. »

Everyone,
Thanks for the direction as I had the same problem with my NAS and was able to fix it.
Russ