Adhesive

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Rich1
Model of CNC Machine: 3040Z-DQ

Adhesive

Post by Rich1 »

Maybe some of you have run into this issue and can help. It is not strictly speaking a Cut2D issue. I am mounting some photographs to ¼” plex and then cutting the contours. And that is working pretty well. However around the edges the photo are losing grip, riding up and chips are being forced between the photo and the Plex. I am using 3M general purpose 45 spray. It is photo safe and seemed a good choice. Admittedly it has been in my garage for who knows how long. Any suggestions as to something with more grip?
Rich

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Adhesive

Post by martin54 »

I would generally mount pictures after I had cut the acrylic shapes. Depends on your budget, there are all sorts of mounting options available some with a higher tac than others. How long are you leaving before machining? Any adhesive will need time to cure properly to reach full strength, it may be that you just need to leave your panels for a few days after mounting before you machine them.

GraClay

Re: Adhesive

Post by GraClay »

You can buy 300mm wide d'sided transfer tape for under $300 per roll that will work for your photos to acrylic. That would be the only method I would use.
I have the rolls in three brands so would assume that many brands make it. Definitely mount first. No good having a dog then bark yourself.
Oh, and machine straight away.