Trouble with curved text

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
BDM
Vectric Craftsman

Trouble with curved text

Post by BDM »

I don't know if this is a bug in the software, but whenever I use the curve text icon with any word that ends with a lowercase "L", the "L" jumps to the front of the word as soon as you curve it and then returns to the end of the word when you straighten the word. This only seems to occur when using single line fonts, specifically Futura West 1L, Railway 1L and Avntgrd 1L. My work around is to use two "l's", curve the text, convert to curves and then delete the "l" that jumps to the front. Can anyone else duplicate this?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Trouble with curved text

Post by Adrian »

I can replicate that in Cut2D, VCarve and Aspire. I've reported it to Vectric to see if it's known about.

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

This might be related to the bug I posted about kerning. If you have multiple lines, and put a LOT of kerning on the second line that makes it longer than the first line, it folds back on itself.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

cac67
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joes Evo 3x2

Post by cac67 »

BDM wrote:I don't know if this is a bug in the software, but whenever I use the curve text icon with any word that ends with a lowercase "L", the "L" jumps to the front of the word as soon as you curve it and then returns to the end of the word when you straighten the word. This only seems to occur when using single line fonts, specifically Futura West 1L, Railway 1L and Avntgrd 1L. My work around is to use two "l's", curve the text, convert to curves and then delete the "l" that jumps to the front. Can anyone else duplicate this?
Yep, looks like a bug to me. Until they get it fixed you could fit text to a vector, it doesn't do it that way.

cac67
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joes Evo 3x2

Post by cac67 »

cac67 wrote:
BDM wrote:I don't know if this is a bug in the software, but whenever I use the curve text icon with any word that ends with a lowercase "L", the "L" jumps to the front of the word as soon as you curve it and then returns to the end of the word when you straighten the word. This only seems to occur when using single line fonts, specifically Futura West 1L, Railway 1L and Avntgrd 1L. My work around is to use two "l's", curve the text, convert to curves and then delete the "l" that jumps to the front. Can anyone else duplicate this?
Yep, looks like a bug to me. Until they get it fixed you could fit text to a vector, it doesn't do it that way.
Whoops! I just noticed what forum I was posting in. Does Cut2d have fit text to vector?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

No it doesn't. Vcarve and Aspire only.