remove partworks logo

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
mytoyca
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

remove partworks logo

Post by mytoyca »

How do I remove part works logo when I am opening a file in aspire
I have had this problem for a long time and would sure like it fixed
The only way i can get rid of it is to shut the whole computer down and restart.
Thanks if you can help
Klaas

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: remove partworks logo

Post by Adrian »

How are you opening Aspire? Sounds like you're starting it up by clicking on a file that is the PartWorks logo rather than starting the program directly.

If you're using a Desktop shortcut or similar try starting it from the Start button menu instead.

mytoyca

Post by mytoyca »

hello Thank for answering
I have Aspire 4.5 running I open a file not knowing if if aspire or part works
It should open in aspire anyway when that is running but it opens part works logo the size of a business card
and since I am not running part works every thing locks up and I have to shut the computer down by holding the stop button on the computer
The way I get around this is by clicking right mouse button Open with aspire and then it works ok .
I does not do this all the time It seem if that file was last used in part works I have this problem, but it is hard to remember to do this every time
I hope I explaned it a bit better
Thanks again Klaas

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

If you open a file by double clicking on it then which program loads (PartWorks or Aspire) depends on which program you have associated with .CRV (Partworks) or .CRV3D files (Aspire) rather than which program is running at the time.

If you open files by using the File Open menu command (or equivalent icon) in Aspire then the file will load into Aspire.

If you always want files that you double click from Windows to open in Aspire then you need to right click on the file and Use Open With and set the default program to be Aspire. You can also set this via File Associations in the Windows Control Panel.

Unless you need to save files in an older version of the PartWorks format then there's no need to have PartWorks on your computer really. Aspire does everything it can do and can also save files in VCarve format which the latest versions of PartWorks can read as well.

mytoyca

Post by mytoyca »

Again Adrian Thanks
I am ok with the things you mentiond I have my files associated with aspire and yet if I double click on a file the Partworks logo comes on And locks up my computer like I said I then have to shut the computer down by holding stop button on computer nothing else works.
I am going to remove part works since I hardly use it now I;m sure it will then be ok
Thanks again If you don't hear form me again things are OK
Klaas