need help

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
robinque2003
Model of CNC Machine: centroid

need help

Post by robinque2003 »

Good afternoon. I have a major problem with the service department. My computer crashed and lost 2D and 3D cut had to reformat the computer. The problem is that I've e-mailed tec-support 5+ times over a two week time trying to get help to get to get new actavation codes, the old ones will not work. I can not get any answer from them at. Is there any other way to download them again?

thanks
sincerly,
not so happy with company

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: need help

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Did you send the email from the same account you used when you purchased the software?

Have you checked your spam folder? (Frequently the company responds right away but people don't see the responses because the mail program decided it was spam.)
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

robinque2003

Post by robinque2003 »

yes nothing in spam. My e-mail resends me a response on the e-mails. they delete it with out reading it

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Yes there is nothing in spam and/or yes you sent the email from the same address you used when you bought the program?

robinque2003

Post by robinque2003 »

I've sent from correct e-mail. I sent another e-mail I'll wait a few days. I'm going to give them a last chance then I'll do smething different.

Sara M
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: jjgjgjg

Post by Sara M »

Hello Robinque 2003,

I am afraid that we haven't received an email from the email address you have registered on the forum requesting the download links for Cut 2D and Cut 3D. We reply to all requests we have receive, but as the emails contain download links they maybe being blocked as spam by some email providers.

Can you please send us an email to support@vectric.com requesting the download links from the same
email address that you used to buy the products and also referring to this post on the forum. We will then be able to locate a record of your licenses in our customer database and will email you the information.

Best regards,

Sara

RouteBot
Model of CNC Machine: RouteBot CNC

Post by RouteBot »

Sara, we've also sent a few emails with no response, we sent them to sales, support and even Mark's address with no response. All we wanted to do is upgrade our 2 Cut2D licenses to 1 VCarvePro license and pay the difference because we didn't realize 1 license is good for 3 computers, at this point we may wait until V7 is out to upgrade. The emails were sent using the same email we purchased the software with and they did not bounce back. Maybe Vectric should consider using a helpdesk ticketing system like osTicket or Hesk.

Sara M
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: jjgjgjg

Post by Sara M »

Hello Routebot,

I am afraid that we haven't received an email from you.
Would you please try to send the message again to - support@vectric.com?

Many thanks.

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello robinque2003,

We do not have any software registered to the email address that you have used to create this
account on the forum.

We will only send download links to the email account that the license is registered to.
Please check the email account that you used to purchase the software with.
If you have any problems, please drop an email to either sales or support.

Hello Routebot,

The only email that I seem to received from you (from the email address that you have used to register on the forum),
was one that you sent to sales back in November inquiring whether we ever discounted the software.
I replied back to you on November 29th at 18:35 our time, informing you that we do not.

We may not have received your email requesting an upgrade to VCarve Pro from Cut2D.
You mention that "The emails were sent using the same email we purchased the software"
so I am assuming that this means that you used a different email account to send us these emails,
as we have no software registered to the email account that you have used for this forum account.

You would not be able to upgrade two Cut2D licenses to one VCarve Pro license.
because we didn't realize 1 license is good for 3 computers
The license for all of our software is a single user one.
As you mention "we" I assume that more than one user is accessing the software, in which
case you require a license per computer on which the software is installed.
So you would need to upgrade both Cut2D licenses to VCarve Pro.
If you could contact me using the email account that you used to purchase or register the license with,
I can send you details.

As Sara has mentioned you can resend the emails to support or to sales. If you could mention
this post, it will help us tie together the emails from the email accounts that you are using.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Mark.

RouteBot
Model of CNC Machine: RouteBot CNC

Post by RouteBot »

Hi Mark,

I just sent the request to support using the registered email address I used to purchase the software with. That address is different from the one used to register on the forums. RouteBot is just the name chosen for the DIY CNC Router build documented on CNCZone.com that I am building. You responded to my inquiries about adding an "End of Arc Interpolation" for the post-processor and you said you never heard of a machine tool needing end of arc interpolation but the machines I have here do.

In a nutshell in good faith I mistakenly purchased 2 Cut2D licenses for 1 user to install on my home and work computer not realizing 1 license is good to install on up to 3 computers for 1 user, this is not at all clear on Vectric's website during checkout. Most software purchased is 1 license per computer so this is what I assumed and followed through with. I am the only one using the software and purchased 2 licenses with good intentions. Because I do not need the mistakenly purchased license I would like to upgrade to vCarvePro and pay the ~$300 difference. I don't see why this would be a problem and hope we (Vectric and I) can get this resolved so I can upgrade and start using vCarvePro, I do plan on upgrading to Aspire eventually so doing good for a customer has it's incentives, Thanks - Colin

Mike-S
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's Hybrid 4x4 (but 3x3)

Post by Mike-S »

Mark said:
We will only send download links to the email account that the license is registered to.
How do you handle customers who change eMail accounts and have no access to the previous one?

Mark
Vectric Staff

Post by Mark »

Hello Mike-S,
How do you handle customers who change eMail accounts and have no access to the previous one?
You can send us an email from the account before you lose access to it telling us the new email address that you are
switching to. If you have lost access to the old email account, you can forward a copy of the original purchase confirmation
email.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers.

Mark.

SIBUD
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot 18X24 Desktop

Post by SIBUD »

RouteBot wrote:Sara, we've also sent a few emails with no response, we sent them to sales, support and even Mark's address with no response. All we wanted to do is upgrade our 2 Cut2D licenses to 1 VCarvePro license and pay the difference because we didn't realize 1 license is good for 3 computers, at this point we may wait until V7 is out to upgrade. The emails were sent using the same email we purchased the software with and they did not bounce back. Maybe Vectric should consider using a helpdesk ticketing system like osTicket or Hesk.
I'm interested in how you get the program on another computer. I bought V Carve Pro. Still no change in my ability to PM on this forum.

I've responded to an e-mail they sent, but also have had no response. :(

Mark
Vectric Staff

Post by Mark »

Hello SIBUD,

I am working through the emails currently. Apologies for the delay in replying to your email,
replies to emails received over the weekend can take a little longer than those received on weekdays.

Cheers,

Mark.

robinque2003

Post by robinque2003 »

I'm back online everything is working good thanks for the help.

PS made backups :D