Driver

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
OakeyDokey
Model of CNC Machine: Sei 810 personel router

Driver

Post by OakeyDokey »

I have rummaged through the manual for my Sei 810 personel router and it will recieve commands in in Sei HPGL or DMPL.
I have tried the cut 2d trail but it says I need a driver to output the generic HPGL. Excuse my ignorance but is there any form of generic driver out there that I could use as my search for a Sei one has drawn a blank.

Thanks,
Paul

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Re: Driver

Post by tmerrill »

Paul,

There is a Generic HPGL post processor included with the trial. May be worth a try, but please take it slow and protect you and your machine. Perhaps do some simple shapes and air cut without the router/spindle running.

I don't know anything about your machine, and apparently no one else does either by the lack of answers to your other posts. This post processor looks like it only applies X and Y movements, does that make sense to what you need?

If it doesn't work or you have questions, best to send an email to support@vectric.com and they will help you.

Tim
Attachments
Generic HPGL pp.JPG

OakeyDokey

Post by OakeyDokey »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply.
I think thats what I tried. I clicked on the generic HPGL in the drop down box and then the output direct to machine and a message came up saying install driver.
I have sent a message to Vectric so I will see what happens.

Paul

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello Paul,

The Output direct to machine option, connects to a device driver supplied by your
Machine tool supplier (usually a printer driver). If you do not have such a driver, I am
Afraid that this option will not be available to you.
You will need to uncheck this option and save the HPGL formatted file, then copy the
File to the control on your machine.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.

OakeyDokey

Post by OakeyDokey »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I haven't got a driver with the machine and I am not sure how to copy a file to the machine itself. I will try to get in contact with Sei again to see if they can help.

Many thanks,
Paul