Ceder Sign Paints and Finishes

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
Woodchuck1
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro Plus
Location: Deep East Texas, Heart of the Davy Crockett National Forest

Ceder Sign Paints and Finishes

Post by Woodchuck1 »

Without asking too too much, I am creating the Ol' Ceder Signs".....FIRST...How come Red Ceder is not an option on the Material List? Man, we use this stuff like "snuff and dip" in the south. Eastern, Western and East Texas Red Ceder just name a few.
Question #1: What type of gloss finish is the most economical, user friendly and glassy not glossy, not a mis-spell? I know there are many of you who are to say the least "experts" at this and experienced. I want to help my new retirement business get off to a great start for the Little Miss and I.
Question #2. If you are painting, "filling in" the text and graphics, What procedure do you use to accomplish this? Spray Paint, Stencil Cremes, Brush, etc? Then of course the finished product with a gloss finish.
Question #3: Antique White Finish AND/OR Painted Matte Finish and then carving project using White Pine.....which products have you found to yield the best results?
Walt - aka: Woodchuck
thecos@hughes.net
936-655-2642 (H/B Anytime) I will return your call if needed, We will spend my dime!