Cut 2 D trial - Z axis issue

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
bvictor
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 2

Cut 2 D trial - Z axis issue

Post by bvictor »

i started working with the trial version of Cut 2 D and the issue I ran into with Z axis is the wingspar sample. I use a Shapeoko 2, universal g code sender. I have obtain a post processor for the Shapeoko 2. What happens is after I make changes to the sample, then send to Shapeoko 2 the Z axis rises conpletely to the top. To the point it's pushing hard on the top bracket. Wondering if anyone else experienced the same?

Engraving question. Engraving text, after entering my text, select text only, go to toolpath, click on text, calulate. My preview looks like the material around the letters has been removed causing the text to look raised. Is it a visual problem or did I miss doing something.

I like this software and will be ordering full version soon.

ssflyer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSAlpha 96x60

Re: Cut 2 D trial - Z axis issue

Post by ssflyer »

Are you selecting the Prism toolpath, instead of the VCarve toolpath? Or are you inadvertently selecting an outside vector?
Ron Sloan

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Check what you have the home Z set to in the Material setup (1st icon on the toolpath tab). The first thing that happens when a toolpath is run is that it will go to the home x,y,z position as set there.

For your other issue do you have any other vectors selected apart from the text? If you have another vector selected that encompasses the text you will get the effect you describe.

bvictor
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 2

Post by bvictor »

Thanks for the replies. I will confirm my settings, but quite sure I set x,y,z @0. On engraving issue, I only enter text. I previously had a border, thought that was my problem. With text the only thing, the preview appears to be raised letters. I was sure to reset previews just in case something was still selected.

I will follow up on these suggestions.

ssflyer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSAlpha 96x60

Post by ssflyer »

Could you post the preview image, or better yet, the file?
Ron Sloan