laser etched photos???

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
MikeUSNRet
Vectric Craftsman

laser etched photos???

Post by MikeUSNRet »

Well not really, but...

I know that many of you have seen in stores where pictures are laser etched in acrylic. looks neat, brings out the wow factor, but curious to know if any of you have attempted to PVC a reversed image in the back of a piece of Acrylic or Poly-Resin in the manner you would do a litho?

I am wondering if a piece of .25 thick poly resin could be PVC (litho) on the back side, and then another layer of poly resin poured in on the back to "encase" the vcarve then perhaps lit from the bottom in a frame with led's
STGC(SW/AW) M. Wenman USN Ret.
1982 - 2005

MikeUSNRet
Vectric Craftsman

Re: laser etched photos???

Post by MikeUSNRet »

MikeUSNRet wrote:Well not really, but...

I know that many of you have seen in stores where pictures are laser etched in acrylic. looks neat, brings out the wow factor, but curious to know if any of you have attempted to PVC a reversed image in the back of a piece of Acrylic or Poly-Resin in the manner you would do a litho?

I am wondering if a piece of .25 thick poly resin could be PVC (litho) on the back side, and then another layer of poly resin poured in on the back to "encase" the vcarve then perhaps lit from the bottom in a frame with led's
Can a moderator move this orig post to the General Forum where it belongs???
STGC(SW/AW) M. Wenman USN Ret.
1982 - 2005