Harley Trike

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
mboydraska
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis homebuilt

Harley Trike

Post by mboydraska »

Attached is a image of a board game I finished with a picture of her fathers trike engraved on the top. It turned out well. Just one of the things that can be accomplished with PhotoVcarve.

Thanks for looking!
Attachments
Kornholeo bag toss game board engraving
Kornholeo bag toss game board engraving
HAPPY CUTTING
Mike

mboydraska
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Harley Trike

Post by mboydraska »

Here is the other board that goes with the game.
Attachments
Harley logo
Harley logo
HAPPY CUTTING
Mike

Timvmax
Vectric Wizard

Post by Timvmax »

Nice work but I'm intrigued, what's the game?

mboydraska
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mboydraska »

The game is called Cornhole (Corn toss) some call it Tailgate toss. The scoring is based on Horseshoes. I call mine Kornholeo, I have been making these for about 5 years. There is an actual association for the game. It is fun and really difficult to land the bags onto the board or into the hole. The field corn bags have a dust that makes the boards so smooth that it is hard to land a bag onto it the board. You should give it a try, the boards are pretty simple, 24inches wide by 48 inches long (regulation size) at about 11degree angle. (approx 12 inches from ground to top at back). The hole is centered 9inches down from end 6inch diameter. Many are making these and selling for just under $200.00. I am cheap I sell for less than $100.00. I make 3 sizes, regulation, medium, and small. All are done with 1/2 inch plywood stain and sealed with all weather poly.

Thanks for looking,
Mike
HAPPY CUTTING
Mike

grichard

Post by grichard »

I really liked your boards. What settings did you use in photovcarve? My husband and I want to make a friend a plaque with the Harley emblem and maybe the motorcycle. What about copyrights when using the Harley symbols? We just bought a cnc shark pro plus machine and the photoVcarve program in November. We are have a difficult time to get a decent picture on wood. What bits are good to use and what kind of wood to use. We build Adirondack-style furniture, and we want to expand our business.

mboydraska
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mboydraska »

Settings vary with image size, quality and more. To get a fairly good looking photovcarve image I use a 50 or 60 degree engraving bit with a tip of 0.004" or less, (1/8 inch shank) from Bits & Bits dot com. They handle small bits mainly for engravings, also diamond drag and vinyl cutters. The line spacing is around 110 to 120%, depth 0.03 to 0.04 inches. I don't adjust contrast no more than 20% usually and line angle around 33 degrees. Again it really depends on image quality. Need to get some scrap lumber and play.
About copy rights there could be a lot of discussion about that, somewhere on the forum there was a thread all about copy rights. But as for making something with a logo such as Harley Davidson I don't think it will be an issue as long as you don't mass produce with it on your product. If making one or two for friends or even to make a few dollars I don't think it will be a problem.
Attached is another image I cut with PhotoVcarve shortly after purchasing it. Can't remember the settings but the image was plain black and white. Turned out well. Good luck with your new software and your new machine. If you haven't already you should purchase Cut2d and download Vectorart 3d machinist. They are all great programs.
Attachments
Old harley
Old harley
HAPPY CUTTING
Mike

grichard

Post by grichard »

That you for your reply. Your answer is very helpful.