GoKart on Maple

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
Jimmy Milo

GoKart on Maple

Post by Jimmy Milo »

Davids Kart.jpg
Attached is a carving I did for a competitor at a local motorsports track I am affiliated with. The piece was done on maple, carved then cut out and placed on a black laqured plaque. I then finished the entire piece off with cabinet grade clear laqure. Being part of the Motorsports community I put PhotoVCarve to good use making personal awards that we give out at the speedway. To date I've done 25 various carvings for competitors in our NASCAR Weekly Racing Series as well as our Monday GoKart series. This particular rendering had just over four hours of machining time. Nice part of it though is that I can be somewhere off in my shop while the project is running. The overall dimensions of the Kart were 12.5 x 7.5

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: GoKart on Maple

Post by Adrian »

Nice carving but that doesn't look like any kart I've ever seen. Looks more like a sprint car, but it's got kart tyres.

Yet another thing that you guys over the "pond" do differently from the rest of us!

Jimmy Milo

Re: GoKart on Maple

Post by Jimmy Milo »

Your right. The Karts we run here look like sprints. There just a stepping stone to bigger and faster cars. Ages run from 6 to 14. On any given Monday summer afternoon we fill our paddock up with around 200 competitors. Karts run in the $4000. range.