litho mad

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
pkaz

litho mad

Post by pkaz »

Hi People, im new to the forum so be gentle lol, after rebuilding my home made machine in aluminium after the mdf version i made started to get a bit worse for ware probably due to the great English weather i decided to purchase photoVcarve after seeing the results that some of the guys were getting i was amazed with the reproductive qualities i was seeing
the first litho i done was of my freinds baby i thought i had better start small and work my way up the size is 100mm x60 i used a 3mm ball nose the line spacing was 8% the material iused was 3mm opal acrylic the depth of cut was 2.7mm and one pass, i cut the frame from some bambo with cut2d
i was so pleased with the result the next day i done one of the wife with the dog this litho is 10 inch x 8 inch the whole thing again 3mm ball nose 3mm material 2.7mm depth of cut opal acrylic 8% line spacing i think it was 1366 lines one pass this was a few days ago everyone who has seen them wants one (at last a real use for my machine) with that in mind i would like to thank vectric for the software and all the other people that have posted with facts and figures to make my litho's come out ok
Attachments
100mm x 60 /3mm thick opal acrylic cut depth 2.7mm 8% line spacing approx 40 minutes
100mm x 60 /3mm thick opal acrylic cut depth 2.7mm 8% line spacing approx 40 minutes
Image011.jpg
10 inch x 8 inch /3mm thick opal acrylic cut depth 2.7mm 8% line spacing 6.5 hours  1366 lines machine running at 20 inches a minute
10 inch x 8 inch /3mm thick opal acrylic cut depth 2.7mm 8% line spacing 6.5 hours 1366 lines machine running at 20 inches a minute
Image014.jpg

Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Re: litho mad

Post by Burchtree »

They turned out fine. That dog looks like a lion cub. :D
Welcome to the forum
Dan
People go though many trials and tribulations. Some of them actually happened.

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Post by metalworkz »

Hello,
Welcome to the forum, and the lithos look great! Thanks for posting the pictures and details!
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Post by calgrdnr »

Looking Good... O by the way lithophane making is addictive :mrgreen:

may as well start your 12 steps now :lol:

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Post by RoutnAbout »

pkaz,
Welcome to the forum.
Great job on your litho's and take Kent's advice on the 12 step program.. He's taken those steps so many times he can do them backward blindfolded.

Again welcome to the forum.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

deadgoodcharlie
Vectric Apprentice

Post by deadgoodcharlie »

welcom from me too :D

pkaz

Post by pkaz »

Thank’s guys, for the kind words,
I think you are correct in saying it is addictive, I have 4 to do for people now, what I want to know is when does it stop being a pleasure and start being a pain lol :shock:

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard

Post by calgrdnr »

what I want to know is when does it stop being a pleasure and start being a pain
When you can't get the material to make it :o just like any other addiction :lol:

I have made quite a few (more then 100) I still get a thrill looking at the finished products. :mrgreen:

ManitobaKeith
Vectric Wizard

Post by ManitobaKeith »

Welcome to the forum & Vectric pkaz,
Sure is nice work you did. With all the people showing how fantastic the lithos are, I guess I will have to get it pretty soon.

All I can say when I see them is - WOW!!
Keith
It is not only what we do,but also what we do not do,for which we are accountable-Jean Moliere

Greolt
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: UCCNC Router, Plasma, Laser

Post by Greolt »

Great job on the lithos Pkaz.

:lol: Keith is having a gentle dig at me. :lol:

Told you I was daggy. :)

Greg

mboydraska
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis homebuilt

Post by mboydraska »

Welcome to the forum, very nice lithos keep on posting pics of your work always glad to see all the great craftmanship.
HAPPY CUTTING
Mike

ManitobaKeith
Vectric Wizard

Post by ManitobaKeith »

Well, here is my first lithopane (but not my last) - again Howling at The Moon.
Thanks, very much, for the assistance. I have learned many new things today.

I cut this from a piece I had ruined when I was learning how to cut Corian. It was JUST the right size. Cutting time for the picture was 2:05:50. Surfacing it down to the correct thickness took 42:13.

These are pretty neat. I think I need to make it a bit thinner so the light comes through better, but it might be OK. It is about 0.120 thick. I thought it would be heavier, but it is pretty light and relatively thin. Guess the smooth side is the side that goes towards the light as that seems to work best. It isn't a very bright day today.

OOPS - wrong thread - sorry - didn't mean to hijack it.
Attachments
My first Litho
My first Litho
Keith
It is not only what we do,but also what we do not do,for which we are accountable-Jean Moliere

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard

Post by calgrdnr »

Looks good Keith. I cut mine from .25 stock. and cut to a depth of .21 ( most times PVC will limit this to about .19 or so. also a good stainless steel brush ( toothbrush size) and liquid dish soap will help clean it up alot .. thanks for posting.

Kent