First Litho :)

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
KeyWay

First Litho :)

Post by KeyWay »

I already have aspire and after seeing everyone's great looking lithos I decided to purchase the software earlier this week as well as some 1/4" x 8"x 10" sheets of white/bone corian for $5 each. not sure if this is a good price?

when i was done reading just about all the posts i decided to use Bill's method to cut the litho and it worked out great for my first time even though i only had a rockler 60degree v-bit. i will probably pick up some 30 degree bits later once i really get the hang of this.

here is my pics of what i cut. the pic is pretty low res copy (no original to rescan) but it still came out great. i can see already that this is going to be really addictive for myself and the wife. she is already searching for family pics so i can start making them for christmas.

what router speeds do you use for the bits? i just ran the 60degree at 22K and it seemed to work ok.

thanks
James
Attachments
first litho1b.jpg
first litho1a.jpg

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Re: First Litho :)

Post by metalworkz »

Hi James,

That turned out very good! I have yet to do a litho, and was basically thinking I would need PhotoVCarve to do a good litho. I have seen several lithos done with Aspire and I'm feeling more confident that I can do one too now. Thanks for posting the information and pictures for all of us to see.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Re: First Litho :)

Post by js11110 »

Very Nice! Also... $5 a sheet for 1/4 corian is a good price in my book.

Jason
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination