lost steps and other wrinkles

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
NormanAlbert
Vectric Wizard

lost steps and other wrinkles

Post by NormanAlbert »

Hi Guys: Just some tid bit of knowledge I accidentaly learned. I had the router plugged into the same power strip as the controller and computer. All wires from the motors are sheilded and straped down to minimize stray movement. I've had a problem on missed steps at any odd moment and no specific program. Replaced the Bosch router being used as I found my old (35 years old) Porter Cable trim router that still runs so smooth as compared to the fairly knew Bosch. On a whim I ran the router power cord to a sepparate outlet. It's been 2 weeks now of daily use and I haven't had a missed step issue. Do you think RF noise was causing the problem? Norman Albert in Dunnellon, Fl.

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Re: lost steps and other wrinkles

Post by RoutnAbout »

Norman,
I'm glad to see you've smoooothed out the wrinkles.
I've never had any problems of RF noise, But I've heard others having problems with RF, Static, and other oddities.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

kaartman
Vectric Apprentice

Post by kaartman »

Hi chaps
Are we talking about the same thing here, I used Cut 3D to try this design, these lines appeared during the cut, at the end of the G-code the router returned to the missed lines and cut them smooth
Attachments
mm enhancements 013.jpg
mm enhancements 014.jpg

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hi

i also try to find some good settings to make faster, and safer...
for settings i try some real low start and raise the acceleration... just like a car... start with slow and after started, the mass in movement i accelerate...
the most critical point is the very first step when the movement is zero and it start... any little step but it has to step..
also i did set the pulsewidth from 5 to 50 milliseconds... it makes it slower a very little but safer...
also the processor clockfrequentz play a big role in the movement... i use computer with 300 mhz... of course a modern processor with 2 gig clocksignal can carry out more step /second...

with low pulsewidht the chance alot more to loose steps...
probably the radiofrquentz also important, to shield cables...

Greasetattoo
Vectric Wizard

Post by Greasetattoo »

I just replaced my motor on my Sherline.
As, my old motor the brushes were worn and caused a lot of RF interference.
Missed steps, etc...

I was going to just replace the brushes, but I had to dismantle the whole motor and broke
the plate the brushes sit on.
Had to buy a whole new motor.

Come to find out, Sherline now has a new motor (which I bought) that does not require dismantling
the whole motor to change the brushes.
Seems a lot of people were having problems with the brush plate breaking when dismantling the whole motor.

So, I would say, yes, that the outlet could be causing interference or worn brushes.

fbrittain

Post by fbrittain »

NormanAlbert wrote:Hi Guys: Just some tid bit of knowledge I accidentaly learned. I had the router plugged into the same power strip as the controller and computer. All wires from the motors are sheilded and straped down to minimize stray movement. I've had a problem on missed steps at any odd moment and no specific program. Replaced the Bosch router being used as I found my old (35 years old) Porter Cable trim router that still runs so smooth as compared to the fairly knew Bosch. On a whim I ran the router power cord to a sepparate outlet. It's been 2 weeks now of daily use and I haven't had a missed step issue. Do you think RF noise was causing the problem? Norman Albert in Dunnellon, Fl.
Hi Norman, I was just browsing and ran across your post. thanks, I have been having the same problem. this may help me. I have a cnc shark and running the bosch router on the same power strip. I'll try it tomorrow. Felix Brittain, Fort Myers Fl.