My first litho

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
cas17013
Vectric Apprentice

My first litho

Post by cas17013 »

I have been wanting to try a litho for weeks for now, but I bought Vcarve the same time as PVC, and have spent most of my time with it untill now. I am just completely amazed how well this works... Heck I was about to stop carving the first one because it looked like such a mess on the back side. Neither one is anything outstanding, but they both worked well, and the photos do them no justice.

lovebugjunkie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Romaxx HS1

Re: My first litho

Post by lovebugjunkie »

Good job on your first trys, I like the subject matter. Also wish my first ones turned out that good.

george

cas17013
Vectric Apprentice

Post by cas17013 »

Thanks for the kind words George. Funny thing is I had some silly idea that the carved side was to go to the rear. I was frustrated that they looked better looking at the carved side, and after looking at some of the other projects here I realized that is how it is meant to be. Sadly I flipped the image of Mt. Suribachi so I am leaving it backwards, and have made a nice light box for it since it was my first project. I did another one this evening with a finer bit, and a lot more detail that looked amazing, but I was pushing my baby machine too fast, and lost a Z step midway. So eventhough it has great detail... It is has a nice dark/ light definition right through the middle so it gets scrapped.

cas17013
Vectric Apprentice

Post by cas17013 »

Tried two more today. I realized you can specify less than 100% spacing by typing in the lesser value after taking the time to read the tutorials.... So these can out better than creating a B.S. tool to get a small stepover like I did for the first two.

jgueydan

Post by jgueydan »

Do you mind if I ask what type of material you used for this? It came out really well! Congrats!