A very litho Christmas

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
Iamboard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro HD

A very litho Christmas

Post by Iamboard »

I have learned a lot by reading the forums here. There is a wealth of knowledge and no shortage of creativity. Thanks to everyone who contributes so much so that folks like me can come in and hit the ground running. That said, here are my first two attempts at litho carving. Both are Christmas presents, one for my wife and the other for my daughters family.

I had to get both original pictures off of Facebook and they were not of the best quality. I can't wait to try this again with a high quality photo! :wink:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Re: A very litho Christmas

Post by calgrdnr »

Excellent :) I am sure you are making some very special Christmas moments .

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: cnc mako shark ext bed with HD 5 gantry

Post by tonydude919 »

Those are some very nice lithos. How did you light up the first litho? I see you used a small frame around it, did you put led lights in there? Have you looked at http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewforum.php?f=2 that is the forum for the cnc shark if your interested. Where are you from?

Tony
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave

Iamboard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro HD

Post by Iamboard »

Thank You for the nice comments! And yes, they were a big hit!

For the lighting I used this: http://www.amazon.com/LEDwholesalers-Fl ... 9E88Q1FBDM It's great stuff. Very easy to work with and it's cheap. I like cheap!

The light frame is just a simple box about 1 3/4" deep. I used white board for the back to help reflect the light. To mount the light frame, I cut a pocket profile 15/64" deep into the back of the picture frame, just deep enough to set the light frame securely in and epoxy it into place.

I found that using this style of LED, the best placement is about 1.5" to 1.75" behind the litho. (About 5"x7"ish) And with the white board as the backing, you can use a 9 VDC power adapter or battery. The 12 volt is almost to bright.

I thought about using a switch to turn them on and off but for now I'm not going to use one. It uses so little power and it looks good both in daylight and at night I figured why bother wiring a switch into it. One could always use a simple light timer.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg