Engraving Bits

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
patmcl
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: shop bot

Engraving Bits

Post by patmcl »

Are engraving bits the same as the v-Carve bits? Where are a few placesn to order them on-line in Canada or places that ship to Canada?
Patrick.
Learning by trial and error or with the help of others is still learning and a great addiction!

twiztedfingerz
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 5 x 8 CRP , CNC Shark Pro Plus

Re: Engraving Bits

Post by twiztedfingerz »

I do quite a bit of engraving for my plaques. My engraving tool is spring loaded and can be affixed with different strengths of springs for different material. I use the lightest spring for coated aluminum plates for plaques and a heavy spring for engraving weapons parts and such. I attached where I purchased mine from. I usually use it as diamond drag (no spindle/router RPM) but you can use a nose cone with it to achieve one desired depth for your project.

http://www.2linc.com/spring_loaded_engraving_tool.htm
~~ Jess ~~
J.D. Patriot Creations, LLC

patmcl
Vectric Craftsman

Post by patmcl »

I now see I posted this in the wrong place, it should have gone under general. Anyway one of the post says to use an engraving bit for wood. I am still trying to get my wood products to look decent.
Learning by trial and error or with the help of others is still learning and a great addiction!

twiztedfingerz
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: 5 x 8 CRP , CNC Shark Pro Plus

Post by twiztedfingerz »

Here is a few examples. I use mine in wood as well. I have some detailed images that require fine lines in the wood. The only problem I have with it is that the lines are not as clean as V Carving as I drag these as well. Occasionally, I use the aluminum nose cone but I do not like the way it rubs the wood -- plastic nose cones are slick but cant withstand the friction of wood carving in production.
Attachments
2012-04-13_16-19-31_811.jpg
Alston 3D carving.jpg
~~ Jess ~~
J.D. Patriot Creations, LLC

patmcl
Vectric Craftsman

Post by patmcl »

Very nice looking, thanks for the tip and URL.