Latest litho

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
woody53
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Meteor 25 x 50

Latest litho

Post by woody53 »

I am doing 6 litho's for my grandsons b-day, he LOVES trains. I want to make a hexagon shaped carousel and have it turn slowly and light each litho as it passes the light. Would be nice to index it to each one, but, not really able to figure that one out. Have 2 litho's done and wanted to show one here. I'm not a photographer so bear with me.
I have a small DC motor I want to mount horizontally and am looking for a 8 to 10 inch gear to mount flat and turn the carousel. Anyone seen what I'm looking for ? Thanks all.
Attachments
DSCN0460.JPG

dansfoundry
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Latest litho

Post by dansfoundry »

woody53, You can make your own gears on your router out of birch ply or pvc or many other materials. See http://www.gearotic.com/ for info how. If you know what size you need I can post or PM a DXF file for you. Dan

woody53
Vectric Wizard

Post by woody53 »

dansfoundry wrote:woody53, You can make your own gears on your router out of birch ply or pvc or many other materials. See http://www.gearotic.com/ for info how. If you know what size you need I can post or PM a DXF file for you. Dan
Thanks for the info, I will take a look and see what I can come up with.

woody53
Vectric Wizard

Post by woody53 »

woody53 wrote:I am doing 6 litho's for my grandsons b-day, he LOVES trains. I want to make a hexagon shaped carousel and have it turn slowly and light each litho as it passes the light. Would be nice to index it to each one, but, not really able to figure that one out. Have 2 litho's done and wanted to show one here. I'm not a photographer so bear with me.
I have a small DC motor I want to mount horizontally and am looking for a 8 to 10 inch gear to mount flat and turn the carousel. Anyone seen what I'm looking for ? Thanks all.
4 litho's lit in a window.

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Post by dhellew2 »

Your trains look good. Lots of detail and the smoke looks real.

You have a CNC machine, have you considered making your own gear? You can cut non-ferrous metals or plastic with your wood machine and carbide bits.

For the lighting I purchased a bunch of led lights from Harbor Freight. They were intended for use working on your car... have a magnet to stick them to the hood. The are easy to take apart and remounted and can be wired in parallel and powered with a cheap 4.5-volt ac adapter. They have 24 led's in 4-offset rows and cost about $3 (sometimes on sale for half that). A piece of a fluorescent diffuser between the led's and the lithophane eliminates the hot-spots. They run on 3-AAA batteries (included)

Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale