Great window Litho's

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
woody53
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Meteor 25 x 50

Great window Litho's

Post by woody53 »

Using 1/8 inch corian, can make some great window pieces. Takes very little light to make the litho show up.
Made this for a friend , who I get my corian from. He sands it with a wide belt sander to whatever thickness I want. He charges me less than half the corian cost, including the sanding. I figured I owed him something extra, so ........
Attachments
DSCN0402.JPG

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Re: Great window Litho's

Post by dhellew2 »

Great job. Have you tried cutting 1/4" Corian? If you have vinyl frame windows they will actually stand up on the window sill, give you the option of borders, and add your initials. It can be cut in a single pass, without roughing, and without speed reduction using a 0.0625" 3-flute spiral bit. The current price of the bits is $8.35 and I have already cut 20 pieces with the current bit, ranging in size from 5.75" x 6.5" to 11.5" x 6.5". I cut 21 pieces with the last bit before I accidentally broke it. Dale
P1020030.JPG
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale

woody53
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Meteor 25 x 50

Re: Great window Litho's

Post by woody53 »

dhellew2 wrote:Great job. Have you tried cutting 1/4" Corian? If you have vinyl frame windows they will actually stand up on the window sill, give you the option of borders, and add your initials. It can be cut in a single pass, without roughing, and without speed reduction using a 0.0625" 3-flute spiral bit. The current price of the bits is $8.35 and I have already cut 20 pieces with the current bit, ranging in size from 5.75" x 6.5" to 11.5" x 6.5". I cut 21 pieces with the last bit before I accidentally broke it. Dale
P1020030.JPG
I haven't tried 1/4 inch for the window litho's, but I will. Great idea , Thank You. I use a .0312 bit on most of my lithos with a 10% stepover, and they are sharper then the pic. $8.35 ? Let me know where you get these, my .0312 bits are $42 and change, but they go a long way too. I got 4 4x6 lithos , 7 cameos about 1 1/2 x 1, two window lithos and a few of my mistakes :( .