Cameo in PVC

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
woody53
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Probotix Meteor 25 x 50

Cameo in PVC

Post by woody53 »

Made a few cameo's for my girlfriends nieces. Same as a litho, but didnt invert light and dark. I'm sure not a photographer, cause they look ALOT better than the pic.
Attachments
DSCN0371.JPG

MikeUSNRet
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Cameo in PVC

Post by MikeUSNRet »

Really like this. Excellent job!
STGC(SW/AW) M. Wenman USN Ret.
1982 - 2005

woody53
Vectric Wizard

Post by woody53 »

woody53 wrote:Made a few cameo's for my girlfriends nieces. Same as a litho, but didnt invert light and dark. I'm sure not a photographer, cause they look ALOT better than the pic.
Added another, but still cant get a good pic. :(

MikeUSNRet
Vectric Craftsman

Post by MikeUSNRet »

are you using a DSLR? if so, try setting it to the macro setting.... looks like a little flower
STGC(SW/AW) M. Wenman USN Ret.
1982 - 2005

woody53
Vectric Wizard

Post by woody53 »

woody53 wrote:
woody53 wrote:Made a few cameo's for my girlfriends nieces. Same as a litho, but didnt invert light and dark. I'm sure not a photographer, cause they look ALOT better than the pic.

I keep trying :D

Doug Mel
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus HD

Post by Doug Mel »

The pics are bit too close for your lens, but if I take off my glasses they are
perfectly in focus and are great pieces! Where do you get the necklace mounts?

Doug

woody53
Vectric Wizard

Post by woody53 »

Doug Mel wrote:The pics are bit too close for your lens, but if I take off my glasses they are
perfectly in focus and are great pieces! Where do you get the necklace mounts?

Doug
I got them at Hobby Lobby, but they are cheap. I ordered some sterling silver ones from Rings and Things, that should be alot better quality, got sterling chains also, and am sure I'll be happier with them.

dgoddard
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's CastCNC Hybrid 4x4 R&P router

Post by dgoddard »

Wonder if you would share your file on the cameo's? I've been CNC carving for about a year and am trying different things. So far have done only wood and this is next on my wish list. Note, I have PhotoVCarve and Aspire.
Thanks, Doug

woody53
Vectric Wizard

Post by woody53 »

dgoddard wrote:Wonder if you would share your file on the cameo's? I've been CNC carving for about a year and am trying different things. So far have done only wood and this is next on my wish list. Note, I have PhotoVCarve and Aspire.
Thanks, Doug
Hope these are the right ones :D Let me know if you have any questions. Dave. Done in VCarve Pro.
Attachments
New cameo 1st time.crv
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 319 times
New cameo 4th.crv
(540.5 KiB) Downloaded 314 times

woody53
Vectric Wizard

Post by woody53 »

woody53 wrote:

Made a cameo for my girlfriend christmas eve and got it done. Pic came out better too.

Bob_S
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot desktop Max

Post by Bob_S »

Woody
Thanks for showing us these - they are great. My wife has been watching local shops and said that "adornments" are selling - no recession there. The image in the file looks like what you would see on old wedgewood pottery, is that what you have found works best? just a soft black and white without harsh blacks or pure whites?
thanks
Bob
Even though you are on the right track - you will get run over if you just sit there.
Will Rogers

woody53
Vectric Wizard

Post by woody53 »

Bob_S wrote:Woody
Thanks for showing us these - they are great. My wife has been watching local shops and said that "adornments" are selling - no recession there. The image in the file looks like what you would see on old wedgewood pottery, is that what you have found works best? just a soft black and white without harsh blacks or pure whites?
thanks
Bob

I looked online and found some nice cameos, and just saved the picture to my computer , cropped it, then opened it in PVC. I set the size close to what I want , and set all the other peramiters. Import the saved file into VCarve Pro, and set the exact size I want, unlinking the x and y size, and you can see what I get. Thanks for the interest, Dave

woody53
Vectric Wizard

Post by woody53 »

woody53 wrote:
woody53 wrote:

Made a cameo for my girlfriend christmas eve and got it done. Pic came out better too.

Made something for a friend who supply's me with corian. I got 2 pcs from him 3' x 3', one 1/4 thick, one 1/8 thick, for $50. Figured I owed him something other than cash.

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Post by zeeway »

woody53 wrote:
woody53 wrote:

Thank you, Woody. I am always looking for designs to make for the ladies in our family.

Angie