Leather seat

Gallery for images of work cut using PhotoVCarve
artezz

Leather seat

Post by artezz »

OK so what does leather have to do with CNC? Well its like this, have you ever done leather tooling? I use too. Then this thing with agent orange stopped me from doing alot of the art I use to enjoy. Thats how I started working with a cnc machine. My brother wanted me to do his 1940 harley seat. I told him I would try. I used photoV carve to do the art with, it turned out better than I had hoped for. I used a tip from an old eletric engraver. Set the depth at .0625. I held the leather in place with, spray glue, and mounted it on an old piece of scrap level wood. It held down fine. Router speed was set about a three on a bosch. It cut the design just deep enought for it to last, yet not to deep to destroy the leather. I used the drill tool path in Vcave pro to do the holes for lacing. It took several tries to figure this out, but was well worth the effort. I`ll add a pic. of the seat on the harley asap.
Attachments
leather seat.gif

dglasco
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Platform CNC

Re: Leather seat

Post by dglasco »

I guess there is not much that a cnc machine can not do.

Very creative! Good Job

Dave

artezz

Re: Leather seat

Post by artezz »

Thanks Dave, I agree I`m finding more and more things to do with the cnc. I go nutz when it decides to take a break/ It has done that just recently, the controller has again has taken a vacation on me. I think it is trying to tell me I work it to hard. LOL