Question on cutting the leaf bowl

The Gallery is for posting images of work machined using Cut3D
PGSierra

Question on cutting the leaf bowl

Post by PGSierra »

Hi Folks,

New User here....

Downloaded the Cut 3D trial to see if all of the great things I have been reading on the forum were true... Certainly is an easy interface! - think it's just what I am looking for.

Here's my question - I loaded the bowl into Mach 3 and tried to cut it on the router tonight and hit a snag at line N42320 of the Gcode... The error Mach had was in reference to a radius arc not being correct.

Just wanted to see if this was a known issue or something that somebody else experienced, or if I have a mystery on my hands.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Post by metalworkz »

Hello Pete,
You may need to change the IJ Mode in your Startup Modals section in the General config tab in Mach3. It can be set to Absolute or Incremental and if the file you loaded into Mach3 doesn't display correctly(ie. large circles where a radius should be etc) it is a good indication that the IJ mode is not the same in both the CAM program and the controller. It is easy to try the other option and can be changed back easily enough. Hope this helps.
Last edited by metalworkz on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

PGSierra

Post by PGSierra »

Thanks for the suggestion, Great Idea.... I 'll take a look and see...

I also just realized that I posted this in the wrong area... I was so interested in seeing what everyone has made with the software that I forgot to move over to the General Question forum.

Pete

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Re: Question on cutting the leaf bowl

Post by metalworkz »

Hey Pete,
I just ran some toolpaths for the 3Dleaf bowl from Cut3D last night and one of the toolpaths(roughing) encountered an error when the file was loading. I could not figure out what the exact problem was but it looked like and error in the posting of one of the I codes. I was able to go back and re-post the file and the second posted file was good. I can't help but think maybe this is the same or a similar problem as what you encountered.
If you have the problem again try re-posting the code and perhaps it will work the 2nd time around.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake