My first hit with Cut 3D(follow-up from my first flop)

The Gallery is for posting images of work machined using Cut3D
rcjarvis
Vectric Apprentice

My first hit with Cut 3D(follow-up from my first flop)

Post by rcjarvis »

Hi Yall, here's what I managed to do with Cut 3D, this time around. This is a them sign I designed for a local Ice cream shop. The place is called Arrête Papa ( daddy stop in english) With a name like that, I really wanted to design something that would make kids scream to make the old man stop !!!

It took 3,25 sheets of 4'X8'X2" of signfoam tomake thes 66" wide X24 deepX 36 high Cartoonish cars. No mistakes in all 36 parts. The fit is perfect, had to be becase the two halves are going to be set back to back. Sanding was easily done with 80, and 260 grit.I made a steel structure that fits the inside and will hold the assembly 12 feet up. We will add some finishing parts for the posts next summer. I'm trying to come-up with a way to make it rock smoothly???? Any suggestions????

I can't wait to hang this one and see how much business it will bring !!!!( The biggest check in our history won't hurt either...:)

VECTRIC RULES !!!
Attachments
sm.jpg
DSC02215 sm.jpg
DSC02214 sm.jpg
This was the Corel presentation. We decided to paint the posts in black...
This was the Corel presentation. We decided to paint the posts in black...
Don't throw it away, carve it !!!!
www.enseignesbp.com

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Post by calgrdnr »

WOW that is to Cool ... what are you trying to get to rock the car or whole sign ?

rcjarvis
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rcjarvis »

I would like the kids and car to rock, to make it look as if they just got hold of the structure... I imagine an electric motor with a cam and lever. I guess somekind of mechanism allready exists...
Dan
www.enseignesbp.com

rcjarvis
Vectric Apprentice

Re: My first hit with Cut 3D(follow-up from my first flop)

Post by rcjarvis »

Thought I had posted the final pic, here it is:

I did not find an easy , cost effective way to make it rock... any suggestions welcome!

It did get a lot of attention, saw it more than once on TV, morning shows and tourism spotlights...

I wish they would invest a little more and get the structure remodeled...I had to stick to their budget, this being a seasonnal business...

Dan
Attachments
3753361441_a22285f8e4_o.jpg
www.enseignesbp.com