MY FIRST CAR

The Gallery is for posting images of work machined using Cut3D
cleenrmn
Vectric Apprentice

MY FIRST CAR

Post by cleenrmn »

JUST DREW A CAR AND AM GOING TO CUT IT OUT UNFORTUNATLY MY MACHINE IS NOT BID ENOUGH FOR 2 SIDED FOR THIS ONE IM DOING TO DO 2 HALVES AND GLUE THEM TOGETHER IM WORKIN ON THE WHEELS NOW
Attachments
VETRICMOI1.jpg
VETRICMOI2.jpg

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

I like it! What is the finished size going to be? Make sure you post pictures when your done.

Jason
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

Very nice. How do you find some modeling software ? I downloaded it but never had time to try it out so I just deleted it again! I use Silo at the moment, is some modeling software difficult/easy to learn?

cleenrmn
Vectric Apprentice

Post by cleenrmn »

hi guys sorry im so late gettin back beeen puttin together grand kids toys for christnas trampoline slot car tracks etc by the way jason nice job on the map i got people right here close that i can communicate with fisnised model is going to be 10 inches long by 4 inches wide by 3 inches tall i drew it with some modeling software free for now its in the beta stage but when its for sale 200.00 bucks well worth the money very easy to use : http://some modeling software.com im workin on the wheels now ill keep u posted

cleenrmn
Vectric Apprentice

Post by cleenrmn »

hiThkoutsidthebox some modeling software is easy to use almost addictive good tutorials video etc im 52 years old and picked it right up good suport on the forum to michael gibson is the best http://some modeling software.com http://some modeling software.com/forum ill guarntee u will like it

cleenrmn
Vectric Apprentice

Post by cleenrmn »

done with the wheelsand what its supposted to look like :D ill keep you posted merry christmas all
Attachments
vette.jpg
vetricwheel.jpg

Costas

Post by Costas »

I actually started playing with some modeling software too from your post and I like it as well. To confirm, how do you import it into Cut3d? (Im a Vcarve user but looking at Cut3d for some of my projects)?

(I know some of the folks have been saving it into a Rhino format from some modeling software, so I was wondering if this was it for cut 3d)

cleenrmn
Vectric Apprentice

Post by cleenrmn »

hi costas u can save it ib 3d studio in some modeling software just go to save as and click the drop down menu for options lots of options there
Attachments
saveas.jpg

Costas

Post by Costas »

Thanks! so just saving it in 3ds allows for incorporation into Cut3d..cool.

Love the software BTW, I did all the tutorials this afternoon and about 90% sure I want it. Problem is it isnt for sale :? (constantly downloading expiring versions until the developer is ready to sell isnt really a cool thing to do and as per the forums hes been working on it for a while) I'd rather pay for it and get to work :wink:

edit, just saw your other post, any ideas when this wil be ready to buy?

cleenrmn
Vectric Apprentice

Post by cleenrmn »

glad you liked it the tutorials just came out ive been playing with it since march and learned alot on my own and through the forums and by watching the tutorals i could have probably learned what i know in a couple of days gibsons also worked alot of bugs out and added alot of other things according to him the sale version is going to be out the second week of january 2008 or in a couple of weeks good luck with the program :D

cleenrmn
Vectric Apprentice

Post by cleenrmn »

WELL IM DONE CUTTING DIDNT TURN OUT TO BAD ILL REDRAW A FEW THINGS AND TRY IT AGAIN OH WELL THATS HOW WE LEARN :)
Attachments
010.JPG
009.JPG

GripUs
Vectric Wizard

Post by GripUs »

EXCELLENT!! Good job!!

Joe
Ham and eggs - Inconvenient for the chicken. A total commitment for the pig.
http://www.gripus.com/

studysession
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: DIY

Post by studysession »

Very nice. :D

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Post by calgrdnr »

I like... thanks for sharing Kent

WillyInAus

Post by WillyInAus »

Well for a first go I would say fan bloody tastic but seriously someone needs to have a talk to the car owner as it looks like it needs a good cut and polish :P