Used Cut 3D in the making of these..

The Gallery is for posting images of work machined using Cut3D
Yohudi

Used Cut 3D in the making of these..

Post by Yohudi »

Found Cut 3D to be helpful in making of a few things... or at least parts of some things...

I generate the larger cuts on the ride-ons using another util ... however I think I might have found a way to make the roughing path cut them out... but will be slower

Now that I've got the bitmap to model thing sorted I'm planning on the next versions of the ride-on toys being something special..
Attachments
Same goes for this really
Same goes for this really
Have some interesting applications of cut 3D for the next one of these I make
Have some interesting applications of cut 3D for the next one of these I make
Close ups of the test
Close ups of the test
A 4 Slice job I ran to test my machine
A 4 Slice job I ran to test my machine
Just finished this also
Just finished this also
Last edited by Yohudi on Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grahamshere
Vectric Apprentice

Post by grahamshere »

Hey Yohudi, those are some cool pieces of work there, did you do the rockers in cut3d? Do you use the cnc for business or is this a hobby? If a hobby should be business, Thanks for shareing. Graham

Yohudi

Post by Yohudi »

grahamshere wrote:Hey Yohudi, those are some cool pieces of work there, did you do the rockers in cut3d? Do you use the cnc for business or is this a hobby? .......Graham
Hi there Graham...

Thanks for the kind comments re my work etc. Is about 50%-50% at the moment... Looking to give it a full-blown run at business in the next 6 months or so.. I have long background in 3D modeling +graphics but had no CNC experience at all until last year when I built and started learning to use my machine. Before biting off more than I can chew in terms of work wanted to get my skills to a reasonable enough level to be confident about tackling anything.

I only use Cut3D for parts of the ride on stuff... quite a bit of that work is through-cutting with the parts arranged on sheets to reduce waste. Can use a util in 3DSMAX to pull gcode straight off the model for cutouts.. but for carving or rounding work Cut 3D is much better.

The toys are part of one aspect of business I'm pursuing. Custom design, development and machining is another, also looking at making a trade design and machining service available and affordable to local joiners/woodworkers etc... need a unique tasty piece for your new kitchen/bedroom fit.. then I'm your man etc.. put it out there and see where it goes ...