guitar bulding

The Gallery is for posting images of work machined using Cut3D
remco
Model of CNC Machine: Lxm 0609

guitar bulding

Post by remco »

Hey Guys iam new to Cnc machining i have been a luthier for over 10 years and have build many guitars with templates now it is time to let a Cnc machine do most of the work for me .I have made already a few designs in solidworks ,Body with a arch tops and Neck with a 13' head stock angle so what i am going to ask is this witch of the vectric products would suit me best to cut out these parts for me and are there any tutorials online regarding vectric product and guitars routing Kind regards remco

pops1964
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot buddy bt 32

Re: guitar bulding

Post by pops1964 »

Look thru threads on the forum for Alex Navarro a guitar builder. Should get the info from someone with his experience . I''ve done carvings on a couple of my sons guitars with v carve and v carve 3-D I'vs been wanting to try a solid body build for a long time , but told my son until I have all the info and sure of my setup to do my own neck that I am just going to.keep taking notes. I know there's a guy on the net I came across that's using mesh cam for his necks .looking forward to following this thread . Pops
POPS1964
SHOPBOT Buddy BT-32

angelkarla
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: home made

Post by angelkarla »

I Have been following the u tube videos from Laguna tools where a complete body is cut with good explanation of the process.
I am in the process of building a guitar cut on cnc. On a previous thread I posted my first neck but have improved since. The cnc is so useful for cutting radius on the fret boards and sanding jigs.
If all else fails read the instructions

Alex Navarro
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis

Post by Alex Navarro »

This video is 30 minutes long and gives you tips on how to prepare the relief of the body and neck of his guitar to be used optimally in the following Cut3D and VCarve or for CUT2D.

Not present the CUT2D, but you have this software will notice that the features are the same, except for the layers.

I hope you enjoy.

Alex Navarro

Alex Navarro
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis

Post by Alex Navarro »

Sorry

the link above was removed.
Fallow the video with 2 parts

Part 1

Part 2

Alex Navarro

remco
Model of CNC Machine: Lxm 0609

Post by remco »

Hey Alex thanks for the link i will have a look at it

envercreek
Model of CNC Machine: cam tech

Post by envercreek »

Alex

I am a high school teacher in Canada. I have a student who is wanting to make a guitar on our new( but used cnc) Is there a way to get access to g code for a guitar body.